Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Safe Jelly

Battling the MSG Myth » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Safe Jelly « Previous Next »

jjmartin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 3:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to find a safe alternative to jelly. I react to citric acid and avoid it at all costs. I don't know about fruit pectin because they always seem to be found in conjunction with one another. Has anyone found a brand of jelly they don't react to. I know I could make my own from scratch and I have Deb's book, but right now am looking for something I could buy from store or order. Haven't posted in a long while, guess that means I have been much better. Very glad to see the board is still active and helping people. It has helped me so much over the ten years I have needed it.
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 8:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These three are on the corn-free list. I can't vouch for them personally because none of them are available near me. By the way, most of the commercial pectins are contaminated with corn derivatives of some kind so I avoid them, too.

Beth's Farm Kitchen Fruit Spreads (Look for No sugar, No pectin, No vanilla in product)

Fiordifrutta Fruit spreads Fruit jams from Italy; Distributed by Rigoni USA celticseasalt.com

Jills Jams and Jellies
jjmartin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 3:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Kristy. I did find something surprisingly at just the local supermarket here. It is made locally and is working out great. Just the fruit, sugar, and lemon juice, says its cooked in a kettle the old fashioned way!
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 11:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm jealous of your find jjmarin- that's great!!
Mariann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 3:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think the locally done products are a real gold mine. I found a small preserving type jar with what it labeled Organic Cranberry Sauce, it has org. cran., org. sugar, and water. It is really like a nice preserve, like strawberry. Nice Jam or jelly body with Pieces of cranberry. I just love it. I ordered a case of it in Oct. since they only have it available then. I had tried it the year before and did well with it. I high tailed it over to the store and bought a bunch of it and asked if I could order more. They told me only at Holiday time, so I gave them my name to put in their order book and I made sure to call them back last fall. I am lovin my jelly and peanut butter. Cranberries naturally become thick so that may be a fruit spread to look for. Mariann

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page