Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Sort of embarrasing question

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Help! I Have a Question » Sort of embarrasing question « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 9:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi i have a delicate question for anybody who can answer. For the past year now I have been diagnosed off and on with bacterial vaginosis, a bacterial infection with many aspects. All the symptoms haven't been there but the doc doesn't know what else it could be and of course antibiotics don't help because I think the MSG make it worse. My symptoms are merely vaginal pain when pressure is applied to certain areas. No lesions, redness etc. My question is this. Could this all be caused by an allergy to my KY jelly? This possibility occurred to me when I looked at the hospital procedure for multiple chemical sensitivities. It said no latex, petroleum or KY Jelly. help! This makes life difficult. My birth control pill which I have been using for about three years causes some dryness which neccessitates some lubricant. I want a normal life with my husband again. Any help would be much appreciated. My symptoms decrease when absolutely no MSG has been ingested but they don't go away entirely.
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 8:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Over time, I noticed that the constant bladder infections I would get, diminished and then disappeared as I got a better handle on eliminating MSG. I believe that my own immune system became stronger since it was no longer being compromised by excitotoxins. May I suggest you try mild olive oil or almond or apricot kernel oil by Hain instead of petroleum based gels. I believe there are some lubricants that are not petroleum based in some health food stores, also.
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 9:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW, I've had many, many bladder infections and various clusters...can't get rid of one each time, so I've been put on several rounds of antibiotics. Also, I've been told that I had two vaginal yeast infections and was treated with stuff...ointments, but I never thought I had any sypmtoms. I'd received this info after a PAP smear from a phone call from a nurse. I never understood this. As far as the bladder infections...Always been told it was improper cleansing and sexual practices (I will elaborate if you want), not urinating before and after intercourse, the female urethra is so short and is close to the rectum. I feel like an unclean person, yet I know I'm not. Now, I really don't even have an interest because preparation and afterwards takes sooo long (maybe part of it is because I'm still breastfeeding and that has something to do with hormones?). I would love to be more spontaneous. I KNOW MY HUSBAND WOULD LOVE ME TO BE EVEN A LITTLE MORE SPONTANEOUS, but I feel like I have to do all these preparations; otherwise, I WILL get a bladder infection. These are extremely painful. Intercourse has lost its joy.

My last bout of bladder infections came after my daughter was born last May. I had three rounds of antibiotics. I'd been on disability from work (when I did work) for the last six months of my pregnancy because I couldn't gain enough weight and because of spotting. I felt generally ill (as I guess could have beeen expected) but prenatal vitamins made me very ill (even though I'd taken vitamins all my life) and I ended up stopping them. I felt guilty because I couldn't eat and couldn't take my prenatals. I basically gave up my body to create my daughter. I was a personal trainer, fitness consultant, and fitness attendant. I'm a small framed person but my muscles were quickly whittled away. The video of my delvery...my legs look so incredibly emaciated moreso than usual.

As soon as my daughter was born, they brought me a large plate of food as I was starving. Never before in my entire life did I feel that I ever ate so much at one sitting. Normally I'd eat a few bites and full even though I had been hungry. Often, I'd wonder whether I was hypoglycemic.

Thank you Anonymous for being so brave to ask your question. I'd read it yesterday, but until Deb A. added about the bladder infections did I feel it appropriate to respond. It hit home. So much so that I'm getting teary eyed. Love, Christine
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 9:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I probably should add this about my last stint of bladder infections after my daughter was born...I had a level four tear even after my episiotomy. So, I imagine that perhaps those infections may have come from the (how do I put this?) inability of my rectum to sufficiently hold fecal matter and bacteria that may have traveled to my urethra? (Gosh, I never expected to get this personal). Here comes the self-doubt. Sincerely, Christine

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page