Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hospitalizations

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Hospitalizations « Previous Next »

MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2001 - 7:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a URL that provides a copy of a hospital protocol for folks with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities: http://www.lassentech.com/eimcspro.html
Thought certain sections (e.g., nutritional services) may be of interest. A NoMSGers nightmare: to have to be hospitalized and to be fed hospital food!
Carol H
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 8:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MEMorris, that is good to know. We should just tell the hospital staff we have MCS. Very good idea.
Carol H
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 8:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe that is what should go on our medic alert bracelets. I was wondering how I was going to fit all my allergies on just one bracelet....
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 10:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MEMorris... Wow! Thank you sooooo much for this into. How do you find this stuff? I've printed out the three page description. Makes me feel good that there are hospitals out there that are aware. On that site, I even found info for finding a doctor. That would be wonderful. Other great info there too...will spend more time later searching it. Makes me feel like I'm not just being silly with MCS. For me, all the info was useful. With that they put something in there about bleach and washing the linens. Maybe they don't do that anyway. Also of interest was the part about using 1 teaspoon to 1/2 cup of water. I'm REALLY glad to have found that. I'd learned awhile ago that taking Alka-Selzer GOLD..without aspirin...helps alleviate allergic reactions. It really does. Once though that I found out that my miracle cure has citric acid in it, I've really chosen not to use it. The baking soda and water, I imagine, will work the same way though. Plus, it will be a lot cheaper and easier to find. What a relief.

I had delivered my daughter about nine months ago. I'd asked for a latex-free cart. The last nurse on duty when my daughter was born had worn perfume. It bothered me but I refrained from saying anything. Somehow, this time it didn't bother me as much as I expected or would have normally. This is strange because pregnancy makes smells more intense. Somehow I made it through without a headache. Thanks. Christine
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 10:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H.
Hello., I just saw your post..Actually, this goes to everyone...There's a company at www.medicalert.org that has medic alert jewlery. The unique thing is that they put an individual identification number and their collect telephone number for 24-hour info about each of their members. Plus,room for some allergy into on the bracelet. For $35 (I think) initially for the first year and $20 (I think) for each following year, they will keep detailed medical records. My husband thinks they have areas for allergies, intolerances, for foods, chemicals, etc. I think they also provide a wallet care. This is a non-profit group. Their telephone is 888-633-4298. I've gotten a temporary bracelet until I call them for a kit. Hope this helps. Christine
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 3:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MEMorris and anyone else interested,
I did use that lassentech website and located a doctor familiar with multiple chemical sensitivities in my area. I called the American Academy of Environmental Medicine. The phone number listed as 215-862-4544 is a home number. I got the correct number as 316-684-5500. They are in Witchita (SP?) Kansas, open 9 to 5 there. Apparently, this doctor is one of 100 in the country who is a part of this academy. Do you or anyone else know about its reputation? I want to make sure I'm going to a good place. I wouldn't mind a medical doctor who has background in holistic meds...treating the whole patient and not just covering up the symptoms like so many have done to me before now. Supposedly, they do an initial consultation, then all kinds of skin tests and blood tests perhaps. Too, they may "prescribe" various supplements to help the immune system. As soon as I heard that, I said that I'd learned that MSG can be hidden within other substances. They assured me that I don't have to take them and they seeem very willing to work with the patient based on wants, needs, and things that have worked in the past. But, still the supplements thing scares me. Any ideas? Thanks, Christine
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 5:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Christine - To check out further, you may want to post your question at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MCS-CI-exile (This is where I found the hospital protocol.)
Also, you may want to ask about the specific doctor suggested to you. Many of the MCS people have been coping with the effects of their "poisonings" for years and have a wealth of information to share. I understand the archives at MCS-CI-exile are worth checking out too.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page