Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Cheescake!!

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Recipes or Snack Ideas » Cheescake!! « Previous Next »

Laurie M
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2001 - 1:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone!
If you have been craving cheescake and haven't been able to indulge here is a recipe I just tested and it turnes out great. Keep in mind that I don't measure that much so these amounts are estimates. This only works if you can use brown cow yogurt and some Knudsens Whole sour cream with nothing added. no Cream cheese needed.

First take one container brown cow Plain Cream at the Top yogurt. Line a colander with a triple thickness of cheesecloth. Place yogurt in middle of cloth and tie the ends into a bag. hang bag from hook or faucet for about eight hours. Voila! Cream Cheese!!

For crust:
1 3/4 Cups crushed organic graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup organic butter (no annato)Oil might work here. I have never tried it.
1/4 cup grated nuts ( organic unsulfured etc.)
Mix and pat into springform pan and up the sides a bit. Set aside

For filling:
Mix cream cheese from above with 1 cup sugar. I don't recommend honey unfortunately.
4 Tablespoons flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 container knudsens sour cream
1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt(Brown Cow)
2 eggs
1 egg yolk.
Blend until creamy
Pour into Springform Pan and bake at 375 for 45 to 50 minutes. Chill for 4 hours. Enjoy

I don't recommend this very often but I can get away with this occasionally without any problem and I am pretty sensitive to dairy. the yogurt somehow works better for me. The homemade cream cheese works great as a spread or dilute it with rice milk and some sugar and whip it. Now it is whipped cream!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page