Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

An anti-MSG friend from the UK

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » An anti-MSG friend from the UK « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 1:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just thought I'd let you know that I have received some interesting e mail from a mother in the UK who congratulated us on our website and who is involved in this cause as it relates to autism. One of her sons is afflicted with it. In the support group she belongs to, which has a sister group here in the states, they are warned about MSG and aspartame and told to take it out of their children's diets. I will be posting her e mail under the new ADD, and related children's disorders topic on our menu. Look for it soon, among others that we have received from concerned parents. This is where we can have a big influence...the plight of innocent children. If you have stories that concern children, please e mail them to us at avenger@msgmyth.com. Thanks!
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 3:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Several other foods are related to autism - specifically wheat gluten, and yeast, I think. It has something to do with organims in the gut and mind-altering substances formed there.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 7:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I've been told that by another parent of an autistic child who lives in my town and also by the above mother. I have to wonder about the gluten's and yeast's other common component: glutamic acid. But as you say, there are many chemicals and substances involved when it comes to foods.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 11:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here are two sites that suggest eliminating gluten and casein from the diet of those with autism:

http://216.200.196.85/gluten/autism.htm

http://www.autismndi.com
Carol H
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 2:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're right, Roy.
It was casein I was thinking of. Thank you. There you have it - these kids should avoid both regular bread and milk. It's a very tough diet.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page