Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Michael J. Fox

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Michael J. Fox « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 12:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did anyone catch Michael J. Fox's interview last night? It was very disappointing when he was asked if he wanted to know what caused his Parkinson's disease, and he answered "no". I spoke with someone this morning who brought it to my attention. (Thanks, Robert) All he wants to do is find a cure. It's the same attitude many doctors have about illnesses they can't diagnose for sure. Sometimes they will be perplexed by our symptoms, give them a name like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or Fibromyalgia, and then go about dispensing prescriptions....no cause, no cure....just drugs and more drugs. What is the matter with people that they cannot see the impact of the chemicals in our food???!!!!...something that is actually a facsimile of food, I should say, and something everyone puts into their bodies continually???? As Carol once said, compare a huge plate of food and a tiny pill, and try to tell me that the food won't have any effect on our health. She said it much more effectively! Sorry, Carol.
M-Y
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 7:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes I did watch the interview with Michael J Fox.
I can't imagine the mindset of anyone not wanting
to find out what caused any illness.
When I was terribly sick I looked into everything
that I heard of to find my answer for Fibromyalgia. I spent thousands of dollars.
I took herbs, vitamins, weird formulas from a so called doctor, called research labs, got a Select Commfort mattress (I love), had all of my metal fillings replaced, had reflexology, muscle/pain therapy, massage therapy, counseling, anti-depressants and the list goes on. I finally prayed and ask God to lead me to my path for healing. He did! I heard Dr. Blaylock on Christian TV, purchased his book, learned to use a computer and learned how to surf the net looking for more answers. Once I changed my diet, and with many trials and errors, I learned how to control FMS by the knowledge of Excitotoxins and eliminating them from my diet. I had to give up eating out or at others homes but that's ok. I have a wonderful life back and I try to help others who need guidance and help. I've purchased several of Dr. Blaylocks book and either give them to others (MY Doctor)or lend them for people to read.
I'm very thankful for this site. I recently learned that I have to watch anything that I use on my skin and my sore lip problem is clearing up. I tell all of this because I know for a fact that many come here for information because I give them the website.
Rob B.
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 8:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

M-Y, your story sounded a lot like mine, only I get heart pain like a knife, and terrible headaches. Like you, I came to the end of my rope, and finally had a very serious talk with the man upstairs. It was the evening of that same day that I found this site, ordered Debby Anglesey's book, and found the answer after seven years of hell. I feel like a new person and am so grateful.
M-Y
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 2:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob B,
I had chest pains, muscle spasms and electrical like pain and terrible headaches. I never thought it was heart pain but the heart is a muscle. H m m m m.....I also feel like a different person and the diet is absolutely essential for me. The Man upstairs does listen doesn't he?
M-Y
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 3:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I heard Michael J Fox tell how he drinks Tonic Water for muscle cramps. While at the store today I looked at the label and I wouldn't touch that stuff for anything. They also have Diet Tonic Water with Aspartame. I also read on http://www.drudgereport.com/ that stem cell research looks promising for a cure for Parkinson's. How can the cure be permanent if they don't know the cause or what contributes to the disease?
Carol H
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 10:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's a saying that any engineer can solve a problem, but a good one will do it simply. There are many scientists out there who want to devote an entire lifetime to a specific thing if they make it complicated enough. Avoiding toxins is too easy compared with ferreting out the exact gene that may or may not get turned on in a person, or doing experimental science with things that can get patented. I wish them luck, but then again, what we are really talking about here is an ounce of prevention - not quite as profitable for these companies as a pound of "cure".
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 1:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like Michael J. Fox is on to something with his use of Tonic Water for muscle cramps. He may be getting more relief from the quinine than side effects from some of the additives. Of course, if one of those additives is aspartame, he may be doing himself a lot more harm than good.

This link gives the quinine content of Tonic Water:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/990813.html

This one says it's good for muscle cramps:

http://encarta.msn.com/find/Concise.asp?z=1&pg=2&ti=761578240
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 1:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

M-Y,

If Michael J. Fox is unconcerned about the causes of his illness, he may also be unconcerned about the effect of aspartame and other additives on it, and there's a good chance he drinks the diet version of tonic water:

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/abuse/parkinson.html

I believe the article below is the one you were referring to with regard to stem cells and Parkinson's:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20010216/aponline162559_000.htm
Carol H
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 10:18 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I find the whole stem cell line of reasoning disturbing. Eight years ago, I had an extremely large dermoid cyst removed. What was it? It was created from some embryonic cells that didn't know what they wanted to be in me when I was created - stem cells. They started to grow erratically later in life, after I had been exposed to large quantities of MSG and aspartame while working at Lipton for two years. This cyst had bone tissue, hair, you name it, it was a biological bag of cellular debris that made my life extremely uncomfortable until they had to perform a C-Section cut to remove it. I was in so much pain when they told me they found a mass, I was so relieved there was reason for my suffering, I didn't even care or ask if it was malignant or not. I guess what frightens me, is that if we are eating growth hormones in our beef and milk, and creating them because a surplus of glutamate gets turned into growth hormone stimulating GABA in our bodies, what will become of these stem cells they plan on using ten, twenty years down the road? My cyst was the size of a softball. Some of these cysts contain endocrine tissue which can wreak all kinds of havoc. I just don't think they've thought this thing through. It reminds me of Jurassic Park when they forgot that some reptiles can change their sex.
M-Y
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 3:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very interesting Carol. You sure have been through a lot in your life. It is kind of you to reach out to others sharing your experiences.
Carol H
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 7:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, M-Y. That was a hard time. I was more sensitive to MSG then than at any time in my life. My heart would race so bad, and my pressure would be so high, that doctors examining me would question me harshly about possible drug use. Of course every drug test was negative. I still remember how defenseless I felt. No doctors would believe me about MSG, except one. I don't want anybody else to have to deal with this alone. It's just too hard.
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 9:21 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You guys are heroes for me. Thank you all for being so strong, even though I know there are days when I'm sure, you just want to scream....thanks for being here for the rest of us. ..it matters tons and makes our "lot in life" much more bearable. Even though many of us feel so much better and have an ever growing handle on our diets and lifestyle changes, it's still difficult now and then, and something we have to manage and plan for on a daily basis. Having this support group is so important for so many. There are hundreds of people who read these postings each week. Not all will post, but some have e mailed me to tell me how grateful they are to have it. I'm so glad we kept it up now.
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 3:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amazing!!! I too had suffered for years from msg sensitivity, but didn't know the cause, until I began to pray in earnest to God, and ask for His help. The very same day, I was led to this website, and the Nomsg site, and discovered the cause of 99% of my health problems. I have been relatively free of problems since then (April, 2000), and have been cooking for myself and my husband since then. He too has had a dramatic improvement in chronic health problems. I truly believe that God showed me the answer. What a great feeling!!!
Ruth
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 12:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did anyone catch the Sally Jessie Raphael show yesterday, Tues., or maybe it was Mon.? I watched just a few minutes of the program, which was about children with terrible temper tantrums. The little bit I saw was about trying to convince the parents to medicate the child, as if she had an illness. All I could think about was CHANGE HER DIET! It really made me mad that the host and the audience never considered MSG and food additives as the cause of the problem.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page