Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Anaphylaxis

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Anaphylaxis « Previous Next »

Author Message
Candy Berry
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 2:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing okay.

Found this site today which gives a description of anaphylaxis:

http://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/what.html

If you go to the bottom of this web page this is a heading which says "Useful Links" to more sites.

I visited a few different sites, & the ones that I was able to find addresses for I wrote to telling them that I have had anaphylaxis from ingesting MSG and that I was unable to find any comment about MSG on their sites.

As I was unaware of what had happened to me (even though I had told two GPs my symptoms) until I did my own research, I thought that someone out there might find this information helpful.

from Candy
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 9:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Candy, that's just the kind of proactive involvement we need to get the word out. Imagine the number of people who have absolutely no idea that something as simple as an additive in their food is giving them such distress and serious health problems! Thanks for doing that. We could be leaving similar messages and site links on any number of related groups' sites: ADD, Migraine, IBS or Colitis, heart disorder, depression, sleep disorder, etc.
Candy Berry
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 7:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi again, Further to my message above, I have had a reply from Mr. Martin Stern, AAIR, re: my guestbook entry. He told me that he was aware of hyper-sensitivity to MSG but not anaphylaxis. He suggested that I contact Dr Harris Steinman, ALLSA website (Allergy Society of South Africa), because he told me that there was no mention of MSG anaphylaxis in Dr. Steinman's 1998 data base (although he does have a small write-up about MSG intolerance on his site) and that he may be interested to know of my MSG induced anaphylaxis. I have sent him an email, which includes a copy of my guestbook entry.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2001 - 3:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here are the website's Candy's referring to:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~aair/index.htm

http://allergysa.org/
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2001 - 3:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Way to go, Candy!! Thanks for the links, Roy.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 2:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a Canadian web site that discusses anyphylaxic shock:

http://www.anaphylaxis.org/whatis/whatis_faq.html
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 2:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correction: "anaphylactic". The article recommends an Epi-pen, but concludes that "Avoidance is the keystone of anaphylaxis management."

Add Your Message Here
Post:
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page