Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MSG Bi Polar and anxiety

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Scientific Information » MSG Bi Polar and anxiety « Previous Next »

Denise Robert
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 10:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beware of Raman or Oriental Noodles. The main ingredient is msg. It caused me a night of anxiety and restlessness. The next morning I was in a rage. I think this dangerous substance should be taken off the market and out of the foods we eat.
Denise
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 6:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MSG and BiPolar Disorder
This response submitted by on 10/12/99.
Email Address:

The word is getting out. I copied & pasted this from a forum on the web:

"My 16 year old son is diagnosed with Baby BiPolar Disorder and ADHD. He has an Impulsive Disorder as well. Today, after a behavior outburst and suspension from school the Doctor told him to eliminate all MSG from his diet for 2 weeks. I will try anything to make his and our lives clamer. I need a list of foods that contain MSG and any other suggestions of diet changes. Being 16, his current diet consists of hot dogs, pizza, bologna, frozen prepared foods, Ramen noodles, and micro-meals. Thanks!"
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 6:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Clarification:

My "The word..." line got placed in the middle of the message I copied.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 6:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

p.s. - the posting was on an old forum and cannot be responded to.
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 10:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If anyone has information that connects MSG to ADD, ADHD, and/or Bi-polar in adults or children, would you please forward it to me at avenge@msgmyth.com?!!! These can be your own personal experiences or those of friends and family. You would not believe all the requests for information I have from people with these disorders or who have children with them. But they want facts, other people's experiences, and any scientific evidence of our claims, and that's the hard part for me. I think if I could collect more such personal experiences or information gleaned from several sources, and post them here, it would help so many people. These conditions along with the diabetes/obesity and asthma issues, are all epidemics today. These are areas we need to be focusing on since they also effect so many children. If we can reach the parents, we may have more of a chance reaching the general public. I've always felt that way.
Deb S
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 11:44 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A.'s e-mail address is: avenger@msgmyth.com
(left out an 'r')
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 4:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

THANK YOU, Deb S.!!!!! Where would I be without you guys????!!!!
Deb S
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 6:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're very welcome. It'd be a shame if any responses did not reach you for lack of an 'r'! :)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page