Your E-mail Address

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Your E-mail Address « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
RestaurantsJudy T2-22-01  11:10 am
MSG and Swelling problems?Anonymous4-01-01  4:50 pm
Email addressAnonymous13 11-11-01  6:53 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Donna Priest
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 8:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I come from the UK (Midlands) so I know I dont have much chance of forming a support group in my area but I would love to hear from anyone with an MSG allergy as it seems unheard of over here. Thanks. :0)
Gerry Bush
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 9:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Donna Priest, actually there is quite a lot of activism in England over the use of Aspartame which is also an excitotoxin very similar to MSG. I will try to find you a connection address. In the meantime, welcome to our board. We are all sufferers of MSG poisoning and our purpose is to help each other avoid consuming it in any form and to share our experiences, both positive and negative.
We have a lot of information to share, so feel free to join us. We have no borders, only a strong desire to help others avoid suffering. Welcome.
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 11:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Donna,
We have had several orders for our book from UK, Australia, and Canada. This problem is growing globally. We hear from people who have been travelers for many years and who are noticing an increasing amount of MSG being used internationally, though not quite as extensively as here. Usually it's more prevalent in larger cities.
Cathy
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 8:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please add me to your list. Thanks! cclassic1@home.com
vrtu1
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2001 - 7:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

interested in forming a nutrition group for the northern virginia area
vrtu1
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2001 - 4:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if interested in northern virginia group
e-mail me at vrtu1@aol.com
shelly
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 3:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am just learning about msg and I think I may be suffer from it, but I am not entirely sure. What can I do? I have had headaches for 4months, I've been to the doctor taken medication, and had an MRI. The medication helps for a week or so and the MRI came back totally normal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Shelly
Gerry Bush
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 7:18 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shelly, sounds like msg to me. Do a "keyword search" at this site and type in "headaches" and "migraines" and you will have lots of info. Good luck!
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 9:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will do, Gerry!
DJ
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 7:23 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

Am new to this board, but certainly not to MSG sensitivity....
It is good to know there are so many others like myself out there, when it gets so difficult sometimes.
Gerry Bush
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 7:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DJ, Yes we are here for you. And we do understand, so don't be afraid to participate here. After all...we learn form each other!
Jenn
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 2:49 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the best site! Deb A. has been the biggest help to me. Not only has her book saved my life, but she has talked me through some really rough months when I first realized my anxiety attacks and my awful headaches were caused by MSG. I was so scared at first, DJ, but gradually you learn the facts and learn the right way to eat. I have never posted before, and have to use a friend's computer to do so, but I try to check this board as much as I can. Debby, you probably don't realize all the good your book and this site is doing. Please keep up the good work, and a gigantic thank you to you and the others who post here.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 10:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're more than welcomed, Jenn. I couldn't do it without the help of my husband and the great people who contribute here on this board. We really enjoy the e mail and the phone calls, and feel very blessed to be able to "talk someone through" or answer questions. We get phone calls every day, and now that our kids are grown, we are fortunate to have some extra time for them and for the e mail we receive daily about MSG.
I just get frustrated that we aren't reaching enough people. I know we all feel that way. But we are hearing from more and more people and that's a good sign. The word is spreading. I'm sure of that.
DJ
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 2:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello to everyone!

Deb, we have talked on the phone a few times, and I am a proud owner of your cookbook...some pages are really struggling (brownie fudge cake, homemade catshup!)It is my 2nd Bible.

I find it very hard to relate to people, especially at work, the dangers of what they are eating. They complain about headaches all day long....My own daughter has MSG sensitivity, but refuses to give up her favorite junk foods.

My biggest surprise is that when I started eliminating MSG from my diet, my Rosacea improved almost 100%. But I cannot get people on the Mainstream Rosacea board to listen, it is almost impossible for them to believe that something as simple as a food additive, completely eliminated from their diets, would make them much better. Easy to say, but very hard to change years of bad eating habits. What a shame! It wasn't hard for me, only somedays I am just too tired to cook.

I know there is somekind of connection between Rosacea and MSG sensitivity. All the people on the board, including myself experience the same kind of ailments, symptoms as do the people on here.

I would like to write to Dr. Walsh (Food Allergy Book) and tell him, but I don't have his address. I guess I should write the publisher and see if they can help.

Thanks to you all, and thanks to Deb!

DJ
barb arnett
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 4:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am new to this site. several months ago i ate chinese food and i had a bad reaction, as a matter of fact every time i ate out at a resturant. i had the same reactions. they are, hives on all four extremties, swelling and painful joints, sore throat and severe itching. i have been tested for food allergies and they all came back normal. as long as i avoid products with msg, i am fine. the doctor i am seeing says that it is stress. i think it is msg. any information would be helpful. also any of the little debbie snack cakes give me the same reactions
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 4:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Barb,
If you think it is MSG, then it probably is. Your doctor is not up on the latest info, if he/she is blaming this on stress. My allergist's office distributes pamphlets about food allergies and sensitivities and clearly mentions MSG as a food sensitivity trigger.
Ruth
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 11:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Barb,
Start with Debby's book, "Battling the MSG Myth." It is full of information about the hidden sources of MSG. MSG is in almost everything, and it isn't labeled. Her book is available on this website.
Hope you feel better soon.
barb
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2001 - 2:30 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for the information. i forget to mention when i have my reactions i have swelling in my face and lips(they actually turn inside out top and bottom.) everyone at work has been very supportive in helping me with changing my diet. i never realized how bad i felt until i changed my diet. it is still hard when i pass by resturants and i can't go in there. i will be getting debby's book very soon. i am so glad i found this site. good luck to everyone and there neverending battle with msg.
Eric Wagner
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 6:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there anyone else in the Toledo Ohio area concerned about MSG?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page