Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Anthrax

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities » Anthrax « Previous Next »

Gerry Bush
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 9:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thought it might be a good time to open up this area of discussion to our participants. As you know, Cipro is the antibiotic of choice to fight anthrax infection. I am highly allergic to Cipro! In fact, the only antibiotic on the market today that I can safely take is Erythromycin. I am told by doctors that it is only 60-70% effective against today's bugs.
Does anyone out there have an inability to tolerate Cipro like me? What are your thoughts? Do you think anyone in the medical profession is addressing this?
Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 4:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you react to it, Gerry?
Gerry Bush
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 6:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rapid irregular heart beat, dizziness, "wooden legs", violent headache. Only took 1 pill and had to stop. It was a scary reaction. The doctor told me that the "wooden legs" feeling was the sure indication of an allergic reaction.
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 7:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Others have commented here on Cipro if you check out the keyword search.

I heard a doctor on TV that folks who have chemo should not take Cipro because they already have compromised immune systems. (Wish I got his name.) I have yet to hear an alternative but I want to find one (not that we will need it -- knock on wood and keep praying). Man of my women friends (self included) in NJ have had chemo for cancer and other illnesses.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 8:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just heard (live news coverage this morning) that other antibiotics can be used effectively on anthrax.
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 9:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r011017a.htm Quote: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) www.fda.gov has approved three antibiotics to treat anthrax:

Penicillin
Doxycycline
Ciprofloxacin

For future updates, you may want to check http://www.cdc.gov and click on press releases
Gerry Bush
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 7:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is certainly good news for me! Thanks.
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 - 9:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good news for those who can't take Cipro:
"Using the Antibiotic Doxycycline for Anthrax Exposure -- FDA is clarifying dosing regimens for doxycycline and is developing more information about that drug and other antibiotics that can treat anthrax."
http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2001/NEW00774.html
Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 8:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

GM bananas may be anthrax vaccine - will there be a market?:
http://just-food.com/news_detail.asp?art=44207&app=1
Gerry Bush
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 5:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my!!! Anon, now this link is really scary!
vrtu1
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 9:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Re GM produce-- so you eat 4 bananas and you receive 4 vaccine doses?? I don't get it.

Same way with increasing the vitamin content of foodstuffs--- You eat a cereal with 100% daily requirement of that vitamin, you're a person who supplements mega doses each day,your bread's enriched, your rice, your snacks, your juices... then they mega load the produce. Yeah...that sounds like something we should be doing. No way to determine how much a person's getting each day!

Then you have the medicine in the produce... plus the auxigro. Like food allergies aren't bad enough already. People react and die from medication all the time. At our grocery stores, there's basically one distributor of bananas, one for pineapple, one for carrots ---so if you react to the banna's meds and live--- you can't have any more bannas??

How would dosage be regulated? How do "they" know what other food with meds in it, you'll be eating that day?

Sounds like these GM designers have been eating too much MSG and have fried their brains. What manner of animal can survive the chemical onslaught they have lined up for us? Chemical warfare or GM foods and MSG? Is there really a difference?
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 11:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wall Street Journal article today – Page B1 – “Antibiotics Like Cipro Are Linked to Tendon, Psychiatric Problems” -- Quote: “Fluoroquinolone users who have suffered severe side effects call themselves “floxies” and have created their own Web site ( http://www.geocities.com/quinolones). The Annals of Pharmacology published a review of 45 cases of severe adverse effects for quinolones, including 11 cases involving Cipro.” --- The Quinolone Antibiotics Adverse Reaction Forum is located at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quinolones/messages/?threaded=1
Don Campbell
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 7:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

•••• antrax people. MSG has killed more, is injuring more, is making more disabled, is totally making an entire two or three generations of our great land nonfunctional, incoherent, anxious, depressed, youth disoriented, elderly in institutions called nursing homes. And this has been going on for decades. Anthrax will never catch up with msg. I would elaborate but the ones writtng this stuff about antrax have already read and know about msg, but are ignoring it. Anybody awake? You have more important issues to contend with.
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 10:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don, Once again we would like to try and help you understand that the posters here are sick and suffering. May we suggest that you direct your energy and anger at the MSG producers and leave us sick people alone. We need this board to help others understand and avoid exposure to MSG. Your angry postings upset me as I am sure they do others here.
If you would take the time to review the postings here, you would see that the old and new posters are seeking support and input from others. They are already being abused by MSG and don't need or appreciate being further abused by your repeated rantings! It is time for you to take your anger to another site.
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 10:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don,
I agree with the previous post.
Here is a start to your journey, good luck.
Go after the producers.
http://ceh.sric.sri.com/Public/Reports/543.6000/
SA
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 10:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amen!
You say we don't get it. We get it. We know how evil and widespread the problem is. Call us what ever you want for not bombing the people who make and allow this poison in our food. Do YOU understand that education is what the people here CHOOSE to be involved in? You can start another site or even start a group of your own to spew your agenda at. I'm sure there are others like you who want to take a more active roll in drawing attention to this crime against the public. Isn't the group, NOMSG supposed to be more involved with the media and such? Fortunately this is a free country, and you can demonstrate, throw tomatoes, or write a revealing book, if that is the course you choose for yourself. But if you are trying to intimindate us into joining you, your choice of words, and your anger has only served to alienate us. However, if you examine what your sound like and make some smart changes, you could do something good with that anger you keep showing to us. Read what Deb A. said a couple days ago. She is right. Please don't get mad at us. It's a waste of your energy and this very important site that you are minimizing with your attacks. I would be dead without the help of the people here. Thank God for their support and Deb's dedication. P.S. Remember that MSG causes Rage Disorder. Rage only causes war, distrust, destruction and fear.
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 10:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, SA and others. You have said perfectly what the rest of us feel. May I suggest that from now on, we do not respond to any of Don's postings. They just tie up important space and divert us from helping others. They also discourage us and new visitors. That's just what the glutes would love, wouldn't it!
Ruth
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 9:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to everyone for your support and infinite caring. I have a life now. I haven't lost a day of work due to headaches in two years because of MSGMYTH.com and the wonderful people here. (I must give some credit to Maxalt MLT, as well, but I do take much less of it than I used to.)
Don Campbell
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 1:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok you ALL. I tell you what. Don't blame the EPA or our government. Don't acknowledge any wrong doing there. Don't join me in protesting because if you don't think that the EPA knows what it has been doing to us, to the children, if you don't think that these people know what msg is doing and you can pass around info. to each other that continually proves it to be true, and ignore that truth, which is the crux of the real problem, then the EPA and our congress people should ignore any of your pleas. And you deserve what you are suffering. And by the way, I suffer the same also, maybe not to the point that you are at physically with the poisoning, but much worse mentally as I see the potential we have and you don't! You all don't seem too realize that it is us, and only us that really know firsthand what msg is doing. Do we really need scientific proof for ourselves? We can tell it, feel it, suffer it. There are many other groups that have been fighting the EPA for years concerning many other poisons, and nothing has changed. Do you not understand that it is msg alone that is causing asthma in children, attention deficit, type 2 diabetes and a long list of other afflictions? Now considering the big picture, all of those other poisons together are not doing anything like what msg is doing to the majority of the population, of the world. We are left with a great responsibility here. It is left with us, and it must be us that speaks up for so many that are suffering and DON'T KNOW why. So then it comes down to the question of how we get the word out and let people know. Yes we can tell people, doctors, health groups, newspapers, etc.. We can write and pass out brochures with the hope that the majority catches on. But here is what I see--#1 this will take too long and has been going on for years, #2 I don't believe that the majority will ever catch on, ever in this generation, as so many that are not forced to abstain from the foods, as we are, will not. And the food/drug companies have been for years, and keep coming out with, and selling their catalysts for the symptoms of the poison. Now we should be able to take our case to court, but we are not allowed as these crooks and murderers have that power over us and our government. This has gone on long enough. Now you all consider me radical, but I am telling you that there is logic in a group getting together and protesting when it is appropriate. That is how the greatest things have been accomplished in the world, how our country was founded, by people that stood up for what is right. Now, I am setting up my own website. And I will find people from the other groups that are fighting the EPA. But I tell you what, for the ones with the most first hand knowledge, knowledge of the biggest problem that this country has right now, your attitudes are very apathetic. SA, you do not, and no one here understands. We are NOT free to get out this information. The media is owned and controlled by the people we are fighting. So is our legal system. This is the point we are at! While I am suggesting group protest at this point in time, do not misinterpret that for first response hostility. It is last resort reaching out, statement. And it CAN be done in a very effective way. YOU all have no imagination. SA, you examine what you sound like. My anger at you all is not a waste of time. You read my postings. You can ignore them, but in time you will realize that I am right. They will still be here, if there is any freedom left in this country. Now I would be in the hospital right now if it weren't for Deb and the work she has done, and I have said so before and thanked her. But as for the rest of you, you are wasted. And forgive me Deb, but you are wrong about the evidence of msg affecting humans (I do read SA, do you?). We have it everywhere around us. And we are it. I am going into reclusion to compile the evidence. I've been trying to get started, but keep making the mistake of talking to you people for some reason. What the hell do think I'm screaming about? Do you think it is a personal vendetta? Do you think I get my enjoyment from taking out hostility on you all? I can think of many other things I'd rather be doing than communicating this stuff if I were free to do so. But I am held to do what is pertinent. You just keep wasting your damn time talking about anthrax. And as far as people disappearing from the site, go back and look how many have been disappearing, for the last year, not because they were offended, but because they did not understand, because no one responded in time while you guys were discussing coffee on another board.. And I don't blame Deb for that. She is doing her part and very busy with it. I do blame the rest of you jerk brains. Later, much later.
Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 4:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to encourage everyone to continue to share information about antibiotics. Such posts are very pertinent to us NoMSGers and do not divert us from our mission here because:

1. Many of us sought help here after reacting to MSG shortly after it appeared we were suffering from impaired immune systems as a result of taking alot of antibiotics. Many of these discussions were before the most recent anthrax scare began.

2. We need to know about the effects of antibiotic treatment in case there is a need to seek treatment for anthrax (God forbid), lyme disease, other infections, etc. We are so sensitive now to additives such as MSG, we need to find alternatives to certain antibiotics that have caused us problems in the past. For example, some people here can't take Cipro but we learned from a post that there are other antibiotics available.

3. We need to always keep in mind that the food and drug industry will do anthing to take advantage of the situations. (Example: Bananas & anthrax.)
Just trying to help
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 9:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don,
I believe in my heart your a well intentioned person. I realize you are just trying to fault what is wrong, and may come across as strong.
But is there any fault in people wanting to make themselves feel better first. Maybe they don't have enough strength to fight?
That is the intention of this site, your wrong when you fault others on this site.

An old saying goes like this: " You get more bee's with honey than vinegar."

The 24 hour rule, go back and read your post tomorrow and you will understand what I mean.
Sure everyone would like the chemical and food manufacturing companies to stop poisoning us and our children.
Sure we would like some government oversight.
If you go to war you can not go into it half cocked. It's better to have a plan.
Example: when you purchase a car do you want the sales person to shove it down your throat or would you rather talk about it and move slowly.
This sight needs all the help it can get but it must be done in together and with some goals in sight.
Good luck with your web site but don't burn your bridges before they are crossed as when you take on the government believe me you will need all the help and friends you got.
Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 10:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don,
I and many others did help Jack Samuels with input and money, in his fight for truth in labeling. THAT WAS A GROUP EFFORT, IN A WAY, AND HE AND HIS WIFE ADRIENE WERE THE LEADERS. He is a brilliant man and really cares, that's why I gave him my support. Good luck fighting for the cause.
Don Campbell
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 9:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One last response from me here and I am not reading this board anymore. If you do see where I am coming from and what I hope to do, or are even curious, e-mail me. I will respect your privacy. For all my badgering, there is purpose. I know I am offending, but someone must here. We are all in this thing together, and we that know about msg firsthand are more crucial than you realize. Anonymous #1 (4:54PM), that is a viable and constructive board conversation, discussing antibiotics, but I would title it "reasons not to take antibiotics" . As for myself I will not take them anymore. That actually could be and probably is another web site, and one which would agree with what I have learned, that we need to to get the basic body balance back by not introducing things to it that are synthesized and "processed", but that are only from our "natural" environment. Msg and antibiotics are destroying the bodys' balance similarly, they both go deep into the basic foundations of it and do major altering of it. They destroy the immune system and body. But if you are going to take anthrax so seriously you better worry about a thousand other viruses and toxins that could be thrown at us. Now this may take a little time, like say, the rest of your life. And, Justtrying Tohelp, (funny name, are you Japanese?), I have heard many times now about you guys just trying to feel ok and get well, but yet you have the energy for discussions, but don't communicate pertinent info. within them for where we are at, and do not share what emotion you should logically be sharing with each other, anger.., anger for those that are unjustly doing this, not just to us, but to everyone. And I guarantee that the newcomers to the site would understand better, and take heed. You all need to take out some hostility, not at me, but at the ones that put you in the position that you are in now, that ruined your lives, that have you groping to the point that you don't have the energy. Have I made you mad? You should be mad at these people. There is a place for anger with purpose. And anger for the proper reasons expressed in group conversation is a great statement and puts this thing in perspective for those that don't know. I am not trying to attract bees or flies and if I am too offensive for you then you are not who I want to help me take some action anyway. I am looking for a few that really see and want to change things. Justrying, I am not half cocked, I am fully cocked, and again have a plan, a good one. I cannot divulge it totally here, on the net. Again see "Texturized Veg. Protein Short...." under "Sharing Scientific Info.". I detail as much as I can there. Anonymous#2, I do respect the work of the Samuels and Deb, and Carol H, and I have only asked why we have no info. (and if you look at the Samuels site there is not much there also) as to what the battle has entailed, where we are at, what is going on now. But I realize, as should you guys, that many, and I mean many, have been trying to fight the EPA and get into courts for a long time and cannot be heard, at all. It is time for other appeal and time for us to let our relatives and friends know what we know. Now I am logical and do not do anything without documenting first, as backup, the evidence. That is what I will be doing for the next couple of months. And I do consider the consequences, and the perception of people, of such protest. I will take my time, and I am not acting rashly. I am acting accordingly. OK--- I get to work.
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 7:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"May God grant me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept things I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page