Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MSG/FMS/Lupus

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Help! I Have a Question » MSG/FMS/Lupus « Previous Next »

Marcia
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 4:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently had a blood test and urine test that showed I tested positive for Lupus. I've had severe itchy skin lesions that I'm using a steroid cream to get under control. In reading about Lupus I see the symptoms are very close for Fibromyalgia and MSG toxicity symptoms. Now I wonder if the FMS turned into Lupus or that it was Lupus all along. The excitotoxins cause me flare problems regardless the label. I've got more to learn and more questions to have answered. Does anyone with MSG sensitivity have these same problems? Excitotoxins have caused me muscle problems along with many other symptoms.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 5:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marcia,

Diet and possibly dietary glutamate may be linked to lupus and arthritis:

http://www.drkoop.com/news/stories/2000/dec/r/26_diet.html

http://www.jrheum.com/abstracts/abstracts00/739.html
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 6:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marcia - Last year, my blood test results indicated that I may have lupus or another immune disorder. A number of the other blood values also showed something was wrong and I sure felt terrible.

Six months later after eliminating canned, boxed, frozen and processed food and additives, I was retested and all my results came back normal. I am steadily feeling much better.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 7:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marcia,

The articles above also mentioned aspartate. The link below implicates aspartame/nutrasweet in arthritis and lupus:

http://www.bibleplus.org/health/ms_lupus.htm
Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 8:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

According to Dr. Carol Foster, Fibromyalgia and Lupus, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, are all the results of years of excitotoxin poisoning...and are in (or end)-stage diseases of same.
LL
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 1:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does Dr. Foster have a book on this?
Marcia
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 3:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am very disciplined when it comes to my diet and excluding Excitotoxins. So what has gone wrong? The only thing that could have gone wrong is stress and I'm working on letting things go. I'm the type of person who has to take care of everyone and everyone's problems. Most likely stress causes immune problems and then possibly low levels of glutamate raises my sensitivity.
I have been having more trouble with my legs and arms. Does this make sense?
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 7:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, LL. I should have told you more about Dr. Foster. She is a neurologist at a headache clinic in Arizona. She treats patients mostly via excitotoxin elimination. She spoke at the NoMSG conference in 1997, and I included my notes of her talk in my book. Dr. Arnold Mech was there, too, and he is a psychologist, who treats eating disorders, and he concurred with what she said, and said that obesity is often the result of excitotoxins, too. His comments are in the book, too. Wish they would both write books.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 7:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marcia, are you taking medications of any kind, or vitamin supplements? If so, these could be causing your reactions. Many fillers binders, coatings, and even gelcaps themselves contain glutamate. Or you may be eating something that has hidden glutamate that you are unaware of. If not, there could be other medical explanations, such as a real food allergy, or sulfite sensitivity. How long have you been eliminating excitotoxins?
Marcia
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 3:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A,
I have been on the diet for over 3 years. I quit all supplements until 6 weeks ago. The doctor put me on zinc, B Complex, selenium, and E. He also said no wheat, above all no sugar of anykind or milk products. I am using a prescription steroid cream. I am improving. Today I quit all tomatoes or tomato products. I only eat red skinned potatoes from Michigan or grown locally. I hate using the steroid cream but something had to be done. Thank you all for your concern and help.
LL
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 7:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Deb. I have put off ordering your book for too long, will do it tonight! Sounds like it has a lot of great info.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page