Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Televison program about MSG

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Televison program about MSG « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2000 - 10:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An east coast televison show, S.O.S. America, aired recently and a Dr. Martin, from a Cinncinatti headache center, was interviewed. Moderator was Lisa Cooney and it was seen in several states. MSG was discussed in length. Kaye, at our NoMSG hotline number was deluged with phone calls since the hotline number was given during the program.
This is just the kind of thing we need more of!!!!
Tony
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 9:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And the kind of thing we need is the nomsg.com discussion board to be back up! Anyone know anything?
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 10:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tony, Mike and I have been e mailing and calling to find out what the delay is. NoMSG is missing out on a great opportunity because programs like the one broadcast recently generate so many inquiries and much public interest. The people at NoMSG in charge of the site assure us that they are working to develop a site with a new host, but that was weeks ago. We have had so many disgruntled people e mailing us here, that we thought we had better post our own board. Bulletin boards like this are a real life line, especially for those just discovering their own MSG/aspartame/sulfite, etc. sensitivity.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 5:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tony,

www.NoMSG.com was down for awhile. All you got was a "this site does not exist" message. Now the main page is back up, but when you click on the "discussion board" line, you get an error message.
Gerry Bush
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 7:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, The same thing happened to me when I clicked on the Board line. Makes you wonder about the people responsible for this important site....and whether they care about us.
I've given so many suffering people the NoMSG site over the past year, it is embarrassing what has been happening now for too long!
Deb A
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 10:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaye will no longer be taking the calls at the NoMSG hotline. NoMSG has undergone a complete restructuring and the people at Health Press will be handling the calls and most other responsibilities with a paid staff and executive director, past NoMSG president, Kathleen Schwartz. We realize there has been much work required while reorganizing, and we hope that the website will be completed soon. Hopefully, all the past information will be there,too. Until then, we're so glad that you are posting helpful information here.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 4:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The NoMSG discussion board now opens when you click on it on www.NoMSG.com web site. Unfortunately, it just says "no new messages" and displays a "powered by www.discusware.com" banner ad at the top. I hope the content has been saved.
M-Y
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 8:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonight on CBS 60 Minutes II (7 Eastern 8 Central) they will be telling about Genetically Modified Foods. This should be intersting to see how far they go into foods being chemically altered. I see this as a positive and a step forward in alerting people to substances and etc that are affecting people and their health.
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2001 - 7:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, M-Y...
Those one year old salmon were veeerrrrryyyyyy scary looking. For those who didn't get to see the segment, I'm referring to the salmon that was genetically modified to the one that wasn't. Wasn't it about three times the size of the other one? Outrageous! I'm not quite sure what else to say right at the moment. I'm stunned...Sincerely, Christine.
M-Y
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2001 - 4:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What concerned me about the Genetically Engineered foods is that this has been going on without out knowledge for awhile. They said that 70% of packaged processed foods have GE foods in them. It isn't surprising that enhanced flavored foods were on the market without our knowledge for a long time. If an animal is fed GE foods (which are approved for animal consumption) what in the world is going into our bodies when we eat meat?
I have dogs and I found out that the dog food companies use GE foods and also excitotoxins in the food as flavor enhancers. One of my dogs had seizures until I changed the dog food. Life is tough even for our canine friends. I feel like I'm a giniea pig. Boy am I ever venting today. I get so weary.
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2001 - 4:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You go right ahead and vent. How else are we going to get things changed if we don't speak up. Yes, it is tiring for me anyways, but well worth it. Gosh, it seems like I'm really surfing this board today. I'm feeling much better from last night and this morning. Now, I feel strong and want changes!!! You all have kept me going not just today but other days. That segment was disheartening but at least these reporters are raising questions in the consumers' behalf. I don't understand why this is so complicated. Politics, maybe? Uh, oh. Now I've gotten started. Sorry.... Just hearing the name Monsanto last night on t.v. made me cringe.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2001 - 6:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Christine K.P.S.,

Per the second chart on web site

http://www.txpeer.org/Bush/Polluters_Bet_On_Bush.html ,

the George W. Bush presidential campaign conducted secret meetings with Monsanto/Solutia. I would therefore not expect him to side against Monsanto.
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 8:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy,
Thank you for sharing that. It was very interesting by which I actually mean disturbing. Secret meeting? Hmmm? Christine.
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 8:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found out recently why Monsanto gets away with quite a lot from the environmentalists who should be going after them. When Monsanto (who made and sold PCBs since 1929) discovered that the chemical they had been selling for 30 years was not to be allowed into the environment, they notified GE of the dangers, and tried to get General Electric to stop dumping this poison into the Hudson. GE continued to dump anyway, ignoring Monsanto's warning. We still are not allowed to eat the fish from our beautiful river because the river is still full of PCBs. Because GE ignored the warning, they were looked at as the bad guys. Unfortunately, Monsanto looked like the good guys to some people for admitting their mistake. However, Monsanto was guilty, guilty as sin, for ignorance and arrogance, for putting us all at risk. Do they get a blank check forever just for fessing up 30 years too late? I have never known what it must have been like to eat fish from the Hudson. I grew up watching that beautiful River all my life, I can't bear to live more than two miles from it. I can't eat from it though, because the same company that is telling you that aspartame is safe took 30 years to tell the Hudson River fishermen that their livelihoods were dead - killed by corporate ignorance, and arrogance. So Monsanto is looked at like a hero by the environmentalists for telling the truth once in the past and way, way too late... But, those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it. Ignorance and arrogance should be no excuse for poisoning our world yet again with genetically modified foods and excitotoxic food additives, Monsanto. Shame on you.
M-Y
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 6:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H,
You have a wonderful way with words. When ever I hear or read "Monsanto" it makes me so mad. It is really the FDA who does not look out for our well being. I know that money talks. The love of money has been the root of evil forever. I try to think positive all that I can but when my life has been so altered I get mad.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 8:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monsanto rules the world. Get used to it:

http://purefood.org/Monsanto/MonBushAdmin.cfm
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 8:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

More on Monsanto (scroll down on the web site below):

http://purefood.org/monlink.html
Carol H
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 2:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We're screwed all right. :( I forgot about Roundup too. The same company that made PCBs now makes weed killer, as well as Nutrasweet and the genetically engineered soybeans we get MSG from too. Yummm...
Carol H
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 2:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, M-Y, I probably could have put that last post more delicately. But thanks for your compliment :)
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 3:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roundup isn't the only amino acid derived weed killer to worry about. There's also glufosinate, which "inhibits glutamine synthase".

"Glufosinate, used extensively with genetically engineered crops, caused birth defects in experimental animals. The chemical acts by causing premature cell death in the immature brain by a process called apotosis. It also prevents development of glutamate channels in the brain, thus disrupting cellular communication. The birth defects observed in animals included brain defects leading to behavioral changes. Cleft lip and skeletal defects or kidney and urethra injury were observed in treated newborn. The herbicide also caused miscarriage and reduced conception in treated mothers."

http://www.psu.missouri.edu/agronx/weeds/herbinjsymptoms/AAderiv.html

http://www.home.intekom.com/tm_info/rw80410.htm#Basta
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 10:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We live in an agricultural economy here. We know of several families who work for the big AG corporations. Many of the husbands deal with these sprays, and through the years we have witnessed early deaths of some of them, along with a high incidence of autism and other disabilities of their children.
Marcia
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 8:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tuesday Sept 4th program of the 700 Club had a wonderful segment on the effects of Excitotoxins in the diet. It can be seen at other times during the day and evening. I plan to tape it and let my family all see it one by one. It will air at 10 PM and 1 AM Central Time on the Family Channel.
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 2:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Marcia. Maybe you can bring it to the Reno meeting, or if you aren't going, just send me a copy and I will reimburse you for expenses. I already have one that aired a few years ago featuring Dr. Blaylock and Jack Samuels that I will bring. It's not certain that we will have time to view them, but if there is, they are informative and interesting...and encouraging!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page