Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Bagels

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Share Your Symptoms » Bagels « Previous Next »

shirley
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 4:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am having too many bagels. I guess I am having them cause there isnt much else to have. Is it ok to have the bagels since they are white flour?
Evelyn H.
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 10:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shirley--I think it depends on what's in the bagels, besides flour. Some of them have natural flavors added or autolyzed yeast, etc. On the other hand, I'm of the philosophy that if you're eating without reaction, then don't worry about it. When you say you're having too many, do you mean you're having a reaction?
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 3:30 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

White flour in this country and in Europe has malted barley (MSG) in it, but if the bagels don't bother you, keep eating them. Make sure you eat a well balanced diet, though.
shirley
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 6:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I would think having too many of anything would bother a person. I will wait alittle longer to see if the bagels become normalized. This happened to butter and I got better.
cheryl
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 2:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know of a bread or bagel without malted barley?
Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 3:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I buy the honey wheat bread from Great Harvest Bread Company. No malted barley in the wheat. Check to see if there is one in your area. Stick with the honey wheat, as it is the only safe bread they make, but it is delicious!!!
Evelyn H.
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 10:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have found a small local bakery that's excellent with breads that contain only the basic ingredients and no malted barley flour.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page