Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Is topically applied lecithin safe?

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Help! I Have a Question » Is topically applied lecithin safe? « Previous Next »

Wynn Carroll
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 1:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a recent convert to the no MSG lifestyle. I react to MSG but as far as I know I have not reacted to soy. Then again, I haven't been as aware of what I've been eating as I should, so I'm not completely certain. I have been using a skin preparation that is lecithin based. I have not experienced MSG like symptoms when using it, nor have I experienced any redness, rash, swelling, itchiness, etc. In your opinion is this safe or is it possible that it will cause me to become even more sensitive to MSG? I ask because I thought I read that eating soy can be bad for those with an MSG allergy and didn't know if that applied to topical lecithin as well. FYI chocolate has never bothered me, if that makes a difference. Thank you for any input you can provide. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Labor Day weekend. Wynn
Shirley
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 4:39 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some msg takes along time to cause pain and some msg make reactions very quickly. Once you are off msg, you'll feel a difference. I dont react to wine but I also dont drink it often so everyone has a different reaction.
Carol H
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2001 - 6:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wynn, I am allergic to soy, but the nutritionist at the hospital said that most soy allergic people don't react to soy lecithin or heat processed soy oil, due to the fact that it contains practically no protein - the cause of allergic and MSG reactions.
Judy T
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2001 - 1:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H: Do you ingest soy lecithin? It is in many goodies. I'll try it maybe; that is, if I hear that some of you out there, who are otherwise allergic or sensitive to soy, can eat soy lecithin ok. By the way, I now have been taking taurine (500 mg) for about 2 weeks. In addition to the CoQ10 (300-400 mg), I am feeling terrific...back in my own skin. Thanks.
Carol H
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2001 - 5:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Judy T,
Unfortunately, I am very soy allergic, so I don't really like to eat anything with soy lecithin in it, just to be safe. If you want to try it be careful, ask your allergist first, and only try a little bit at first.
Wynn Carroll
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 6:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your advice. I think to be on the safe side, I'll discontinue use of the product. Wynn

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page