Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Allergy attack

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Share Your Symptoms » Allergy attack « Previous Next »

shirley
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 11:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just had another allergy attack. I had the same one from soy ice cream about two years ago. I have too much energy and insomnia. I had soy flour in my bread, I made the syrup in deb A's book, and butter w/ salt. I am wondering if it is the sugar cause that is what others said about the soy ice cream?
Evelyn H.
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 10:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shirley--I can't say for sure, but I'd personally be suspicious of the soy flour. Soy is very high in glutamate. It could have also been the sugar. Did you make the bread yourself or buy it pre-made?
shirley
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 10:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think it is the combination cause I had the boiled down sugar this morning with pancakes and I had a reaction like I was speeding up to high energy, not like yesterday which is the combination of soy flour. It takes about an hour after the food that this happens and last along time. I had to take a melatonin last night to sleep.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 3:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shirley, did you use any brown sugar in the syrup?
Soy flour is a no- no for the MSG sensitive. It takes at least 2 to 4 days for the excess glutmate in your system to decrease, so you are likely still reacting to what you ate yesterday. It's also important to eat protein when eating high sugar or carb meals.
shirley
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2001 - 9:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Deb A, I didnt use brown sugar. I havent used it in about two years. I made the boiled down sugar with milled sugar cane from the hfs. I am still reacting to the sugar in juices with insomnia.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page