Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hemorrhoid

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Help! I Have a Question » Hemorrhoid « Previous Next »

shirley
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 11:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am wondering if hemorrhoid is part of msg. My mother had it for many years. she died of a stroke this year and my family is wondering why still.

She had heart murmur, dont know the word for it, for about five years and took baby aspirins. It was only one year ago that she was diagnoised with cholestorol and hpb. Her blood pressure was alittle high but cholestorol was over 200. Last week, a lady who was married to my fathers long time friend died of a stroke. I was trying to find out if she took pills and what her diet was like, still didnt get enough information. Does anyone know about this cause I think this needs to get out to other sufferers.
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 3:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hemorrhage right? (Not hemorrhoid.)
I am so sorry to hear about your mother --- Did you consider writing to the doctor and requesting a copy of her records? You and your other siblings should be entitled to know her medical history (which would include a record of her medications) in detail because you will need to report it when you each get checked out medically. Perhaps, you may want to research any medications she was taking to rest your mind further? I do not know about the MSG connection but it would not surprise me. Perhaps, someone else here can comment on this.
shirley
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 4:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wouldnt want my mother's records for a doctor that is for sure. If anything it would be for my families information how we can educate ourselves. If one has to change their eating habits what does a doctor have to do with it.

Thanks for the reply! My mother had hemorrhoid and hemorrhage later with a stroke.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 9:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was a candidate for hemorrhoid surgery at the age of 45! It was a result of what MSG had done to my system. I had terrible colitis symptoms for years until I avoided MSG. What a relief, and no surgery! My dear aunt suffered that way for a few years without telling anyone. We didn't know about MSG back then so we couldn't help her. During her last years she would say how she couldn't enjoy eating anymore and was so painfully irregular. Eventually, she developed colon cancer...first cancer in our family that we could remember...and passed away at the age of 77. She never cooked much, and subsisted on packaged foods and canned soups. My dad, a HUGE fan of Chinese food, lived with daily headaches and popped aspirin like it was candy. His back would itch terribly, he would gag and have a tickle cough all the time,was hyper or had sleep problems, and suffered bouts of chronic diahrea years before he developed esophageal cancer that was cured before a stroke took him a couple years later, at age 76. Keep in mind that my aunt and dad, brother and sister, had parents that lived to be 99 and 89, didn't smoke, and both started with the same symptoms that I did. But they never had the information that I was so blessed to discover. I blame MSG for their sudden and rapid decline. It might be interesting to note, that their older sister is 97 now and she has always cooked from scratch, avoiding many canned and processed foods...prides herself on eating and cooking like her "mamma" did. My mother didn't enjoy cooking and we ate a lot of processed foods.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page