Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Glutamate and the Urea Cycle

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Scientific Information » Glutamate and the Urea Cycle « Previous Next »

Carol H
Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2001 - 5:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found a very fascinating web page. It may be related to this whole mess http://web.indstate.edu/thcme/mwking/nitrogen-metabolism.html#neurotox Especially check out the part about urea cycle defects (UCD's) There is information here about inborn errors of metabolism and how the body gets rid of excess amino acids. There is also info here regarding the toxicity of excess ammonia from the transamination process and how it crosses the blood brain barrier to wreak havoc by being turned into glutamate. Very interesting stuff. Let me know what you think of all this.
Judy T
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2001 - 1:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H: Even though I understand only 1 of every 5 words, I understand there is importance here. Particularly for me on a personal level, so, when you're in Reno, I'm gonna corner you and talk. Thank you for the site info. Thanks.
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2001 - 3:36 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, if you would like to take a few minutes to share some information that you feel we should understand regarding this or some other topic, let me know. We want to hear from some people, but my biggest concern is that we relegate most of our time together sharing, helping and supporting each other in a question and answer forum. The time will speed by. It always does. And we will hear from Dreama, the NoMSG board member coming, who wants our ideas and input about what we can do to help NoMSG. Other than that, we need to discuss ways we can become more proactive, and if we want to meet in the future. This will be a time to think and combine our ideas, talents, and suggestions. I will bring that video mentioned before, but will only show it if we have the time. What do the rest of you think about the meeting so far?
Carol H
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2001 - 5:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A, I agree. To save time, I have already written down a summary of the relevant scientific info we've acquired so far. I think a lot of this is very complicated and needs to actually be read to get the full benefit. Of course, I'd be happy to answer questions too. But we do have limited time, and I also want to spend time in Reno meeting you all, and planning ahead. Judy T, You can fire away. I'll try to answer as best I can :)
Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 11:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, would it be possible for you to make some copies of your summary for the rest of us? I would be happy to pay for my copy at Reno!
Carol H
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 5:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A, Sure, I was going to bring them to hand out. I tried to keep it short, so they will only be a few pages. I think of it as sort of a coping guide. They'll be free:)
Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 5:39 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wonderful! And you are, too!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page