Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Heat Stroke, Asthma and athletes

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Heat Stroke, Asthma and athletes « Previous Next »

Carol H
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2001 - 4:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This week many people heard the tragic news of football player Korey Stinger. Many people who have never given brain function much thought, have had the hypothalamus explained to them in the newspaper. The hypothalamus, which many on this board are familiar with because it is the part of the brain most vulnerable to MSG, is the part of the brain that regulates body temperature. I wonder how many athletes are at particular risk of heat related illness because of the excitotoxin-containing supplements and body building foods they eat. I fear that heat related illness in athletes will only become more common. My cousin was recently diagnosed with a disease where she cannot sweat. She was a gifted athlete who must now watch from the sidelines because the simple act of excercise can kill her, because her body cannot cool itself.

In a different story, another young athlete this week, died suddenly. It was asthma. Something we already know has been proven to be linked to MSG. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me we are seeing more and more young gifted athletes, dying too suddenly. And yet not one news reporter has even asked about the cause being related to "food pollution" instead of air pollution.
Carol H
Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2001 - 12:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correction: today on the news I heard a report possibly linking an athletic food supplement to the death of the athlete that died of asthma. The supplement in question allegedly contained ephedra. Now if they could just take that little mental leap to excitotoxins in general.....

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page