Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

We can make a difference now!!!!

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » We can make a difference now!!!! « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 10:44 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We all talk about wanting to be more proactive. We have a great opportunity, so please take a moment and follow this through with a letter.
Today, I got a call from Adrienne Samuels of the Truth in Labeling Campaign: (www.truthinlabeling.org) She and Jack have been extremely busy trying to keep AuxiGro from being approved for use in CA. Because of their efforts, California did not recently approve it, but only on a technicality. The company then asked for blanket (blanked...sp?) approval. California at this time, is considering not licensing AuxiGro. The Samuels have put in a formal objection to the EPA. She is asking us to mobilize by sending them letters telling them that you do not want AuxiGro to be approved and why...doesn't have to be a lengthy complaint...but PLEASE!!!! Just do it! Most of us enjoy California produce in one form or another. Although there are probably copycat sprays and organic sprays that contain free glutamate all over the country, we need to make some headway, politically. Vegetarians should be aware that AuxiGro and perhaps some other sprays contain hydrolyzed milk proteins in the form of calcium caseinate. For more info and directions, please go to site www.msgfacts.net. And PLEASE take the few minutes it will take to help this cause. Also, PLEASE mail the information to as many people as you can, asking them to write, too!!!! Thanks.
Marcia
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 3:22 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought Auxigro was already being used on California produce. Every store in my area carry almost all California produce. I have been avoiding it for some time now and find it terribly difficult to get things. I'm confused.
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 5:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All the how-to's for writing are at: http://www.msgfacts.net./
Carole
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 7:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for getting this info to us. I sent my letter and e-mails today. It is beyond my comprehension how they could spray growing vegetables with this stuff! I guess I have to believe it, but at least I can fight it.
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 10:11 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of the e-mail addresses was in error. Waiting to get the new one from the Samuels'. Will post it here when they send it.
Carole
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 9:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous -- yes, one of my e-mails came back. I'll look forward to seeing that new address here. Thanks.
Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2001 - 9:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

E-mail: opp-docket@epa.gov is the correct e-mail. Please send those e-mails about auxigro this week before time runs out!
John Brodar
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2001 - 12:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Office of the Hearing Clerk (1900)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW.
Washington, DC 20460

Subject: “L-Glutamic Acid and Gamma Amino Butyric Acid;
Exemptions from the Requirement of a Tolerance.” Final Rule.
Docket Control Number OPP-301136

Objection: This is an objection to granting “L-Glutamic Acid and Gamma Amino Butyric Acid” an exemption from the Requirement of a tolerance.

Reason for Objection: Both of these chemicals are known to have a huge adverse impact on functioning of the human brain. L-Glutamic Acid and its chemical cousins including monosodium glutamate (MSG) are known excitatory neurotransmitters (excitotoxins). Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. It is also a break down product of MSG.

I now know that I had been slowly poisoning myself by continuing and ever increasing consumption of monosodium glutamate (MSG) in the foods I routinely ate. Over a two to three year period I began to eat less at home and more at restaurants. My work began to include extended periods of out of town travel. I ate less and less fresh fruits, vegetables and whole meat. I began to eat more and more fast foods, canned foods, and heavily processed foods. I began to eat at Chinese restaurants in a mistaken effort to improve my diet by eating more vegetables.

Finally, on September 16, 2000, while in a Chinese restaurant with my family, I put my hand on my chest and said, “My heart is going a mile a minute!” When I had my at rest pulse checked it was over 170 beats per minute! During the next week it had only slowed to 150. When I finally got in to a cardiologist it was still racing at 135 …over three weeks after the initiating incident in the Chinese restaurant.

It is now more than ten (10) months later. My at rest pulse rate is still abnormally high, even with a prescribed beta blocker to slow down my pulse rate.

During the week of July 9 my pulse rate finally dropped to the mid 70’s range. On July 15, 2001 my wife bought some Kentucky Fried Chicken. By this point I had learned that this food chain was notorious for its heavy use of MSG it its foods. I thought I would remove and discard the breaded coating and skin, eating only the meat. Within 10 minutes of finishing the chicken breast my pulse was again racing. The next morning my pulse rate had diminished but when I checked it at 8:30 AM at work it was still 102 beats per minute. By consuming one meal loaded with MSG I had lost over 6 months of detoxification progress! Today is almost three weeks later and my pulse rate is still in the mid 80s range.

I have learned a great deal about some of the poison allowed into our food supply such as monosodium glutamate (MSG) and its closely related chemical cousins. I hope to live long enough to see the mercenary purveyors of these chemicals go to trial in a fashion reminiscent of the Tobacco Trials. Both of these “legal” products are known killers. The most significant legal difference will be the fact that each individual had to choose to smoke while even innocent babies are unknowingly being poisoned by their mothers due to the toxic additives in their foods. There is nothing normal or natural about these chemical additives and certainly nothing healthy about the copious amounts that are being added to our foods.

In addition to a rapid pulse I also experience extreme shortness of breath. Of the thirty two (32) symptoms listed by Debby Anglesey in her book Battling the "MSG Myth", A Survival Guide and Cookbook, I had experienced at least twenty eight (28) during the worst six months of my MSG experience. If L-Glutamic Acid and Gamma Amino Butyric Acid in the form of Auxigro are permitted to be added to even raw fruits and vegetables a very large portion of the entire United States population will be at risk for the following symptoms and medical problems:

1. Severe headache 12. Shortness of breath, chest pains, asthma 23. Slowed speech
2. Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting 13. Swelling, pain, or numbness of hands, feet, jaw 24. Chronic bronchitis-like symptoms, allergy reactions, dry cough, hoarseness or sore throat
3. Irregular heart beat or blood pressure, racing heart 14. Pain in joints or bones 25. Heavy, weak feeling in arms and legs
4. Depression or mood change, bipolar, SAD 15. Flushing or tingling in face, chest, pressure behind eyes 26. Irritable bowel or colitis
5. Abdominal pain, cramps, bloating, colitis, IBS 16. Gagging reflex or difficulty swallowing 27. Attention deficit disorder, anxiety attacks, rage, panic attacks
6. Balance problems, dizziness, or seizures, mini-strokes 17. Hyperactivity, behavioral problems 28. Neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's, fibromyalgia, MS, Parkinson's
7. Tenderness in localized areas, neck, back, etc. 18. Chronic post nasal drip 29. Pressure behind eyes or on head, neck, shoulders
8. Sleep disorders 19. Skin rash, itching, hives 30. ADD, ADHD, Rage Disorder
9. Blurred vision or difficulty breathing 20. Bloated face, dark circles under strained eyes 31. Asthma
10. Chronic fatigue or sleepiness 21. Extreme thirst or dry mouth 32. Weight problems, obesity, hypoglycemia
11. Excessive perspiring or shuddering and chills 22. Difficulty concentrating and poor memory

In conclusion I wish to reaffirm my belief, no it is my knowledge, hard won by a life threatening medical emergency induced by intentional commercial poisoning, that the chemicals L-Glutamic Acid and Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, monosodium glutamate (MSG) in any and all of its myriad chemical forms has no place in our national food supply. They should never be allowed to be added to food crops or farm land in any concentration and certainly not in unregulated amounts.

Sincerely,

John Brodar, P.E.
903 E. 7th St.
Mesa, Arizona 85023-6428

jmbrodar@srpnet.com

cc: EPA Docket Control OPP-301136
Public Information and Records Integrity Branch

Barry Cortez, Branch Chief California Department of Pesticide Regulation
Tony
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2001 - 2:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bravo, John. Poignant and pointed.
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2001 - 3:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Folks: If you participate in other discussion boards, please consider posting request for others to write on this matter and send on or before August 20, 2001! (I've already posted at MCS-CI-exile@yahoogroups.com and FCMYI@yahoogroups.com)
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2001 - 3:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John:

What a wonderful letter.
Gerry Bush
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2001 - 9:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John,

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! What a great letter. Well done.

Gerry Bush
also from Mesa, AZ and an acute excitotoxin sufferer.
DJ
Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2001 - 8:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone!

Just a short note...a month ago I joined a small group of individuals in the Philadelphia area that meet once a month, called Philly Raw and Real. It was started by a friend who is into the Natural Hygiene lifestyle. Mainly we meet to promote eating organically fruits, vegetables, grains....and to discuss the promotion of a healthier life. I got a chance to talk about msg and to tell my story of how the elimination has helped serious health problems.

Its a small group, but who knows?

Roy, if you are interested.....email me at Ligitt@AOL.com.

Thanks

DJ
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2001 - 12:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been out of town since Thursday when I posted Adrienne's plea for help. How wonderful to see that so many of you have responded with such care and conscience. Many thanks. Adrienne will be pleased. John, your letter is wonderful and I hope you will repost it from time to time until the deadline, as an example of what others can send to the addresses above. THANK YOU!
And D.J., you will be amazed at the difference you will make by talking to groups. Even if just one person is reached, think of the numbers eventually influenced in his circle...and so on. Way to go! :)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page