Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MSG research paper

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Help! I Have a Question » MSG research paper « Previous Next »

Kami Thornhill
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2001 - 6:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, my name is Kami Thornhill and I will be a senior in august at Hirschi High School. I am currently enrolled in the International Baccalaureate Program at Hirschi, which is a world renowned program that allows high school students to gain college credit while still in high school. To graduate with my IB diploma next May, I must complete a number of tasks. One of these tasks is an extended essay with a topic of my choice. The topic I chose last summer and started to research was Monosodium Glutamates effects on the body. Throughout the past year, I have learned that the FDA made a ruling that stated that MSG could be listed under many different names(ex:hydrolyzed wheat protein or natural flavors--these are just a few). I was wondering if anyone could help. What changes have companies made in the ingredient list regarding MSG since the FDA made this ruling? Your help would be greatly appreciated in completing my extended essay within the next couple of weeks. If you can't answer the specific question, could you please send me any information you have on the content of Monosodium Glutamate in food products. Thankyou,
Kami Thornhill
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2001 - 7:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kami,

You might want to log onto:

http://www.truthinlabeling.com/
Melissa
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 8:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, I just started to read the paper on the truthinlabeling.com website "A Study in the Suppression of Information" - I must say it is so thorough and well written. Very lengthy, but extremely informative, well researched. I am using parts of it to convince those non believers out there - for example the baby formula chart - it's appalling and horrifying.
I hope everyone out there will join me in trying to completely avoid all products by the companies who are secretly members of the Glutamate Assocation - they are:
1. Ajinomoto - the real culprits of this big mess
2. Archer Daniels Midland
3. Campbell
4. Corn Products Corp.
5. Mc Cormick & Co.
6. Pet Foods
7. Pfizer
8. Takeda

Of course, by avoiding msg I avoid most of their products anyway, but I need to do some research on some of them to figure out what all they make.
I have also started getting the 800 numbers or addresses of products which I reacted to some form of hidden msg and letting them know I am no longer a customer due to the excitoxin content and am posting it on the various websites for all others who are trying to avoid the stuff.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page