Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Any Feingolders?

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Help! I Have a Question » Any Feingolders? « Previous Next »

Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 11:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, everyone,

Is anyone else out there a Feingolder in addition to following the MSG-free program? Look forward to chatting as I've just become a member of that association as well. MSG-free has significantly reduced many, many symptoms. However, I feel that now my body is ridding itself of the MSG (although I unfortunately had a setback this weekend), I believe I can now better identify "in my mouth" reactions because I can breathe through my nose rather than being stuffed up and on meds all the time. Now, I'm getting reactions like the back of my throat gets tight and starts to itch like crazy...so much so that I have to use the back of my tongue to vigorously itch it. Since I get this reaction, I now no longer continue to eat that item. I figure, if it's bothering me somehow then when it's in my mouth then I think it now reasonable that more reactions may occur along the digestive tract. These aren't just to msg items but like organic plain whole kamut puffs (one brand not necessarily another) and dried organic oregano that was frozen (as an herb in my homemade meatballs) which bothered my nose while it was cooking and then my throat when I took my first bite.

Please offer any insights...You may also write to me at ckpswann@yahoo.com.
Sincerely, Christine
Christine K.P.S.
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 3:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd like to pose this question again because maybe it rolled off the screen before anyone had a chance to read my above message dated June 25th. Or, maybe simply no is also a Feingolder or any other number of reasons.

Anyways, I was wondering is any other no MSGers also have followed the Feingold program? I'm very frustrated again and have had many reactions this week...and I was feeling so great but accidentally ate cream with carregean in a smaller whipped cream container rather than the larger one we usually buy and other reactions to a shampoo (that was pretty scary). Plus, I need to know whether some reactions are MSG related or salicylate related. I called the Feingold Association, of which I am now a member, and didn't get much response to the difference between reactions. I can give additional details as to what happened....

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely, Christine
Ruth
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 10:32 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Christine,

I was on the Feingold diet for 5-6 years. We followed it mostly for my son, who was helped greatly for focusing problems and hyperactivity. We could not have the problem foods in the house at all. The entire family had to do it in order for it to work. The diet included even laundry products, as well as everything that comes in contact with the body (shampoo, toothpaste, etc.). The Fiengold Diet is similar in many ways to an MSG-free diet. Many of the foods that contain salicylic acid also are high in glutamates. If you compare the two diets, though, you can see that the one for MSG is even more restricted. Glutamates are found in virtually everything to some degree. I am much more sensitive to foods now than I was then. I find that I can eat apples and oranges which have salicylic acid, but I have to avoid foods high in glutamates and tyramine. I eat nothing that is packaged in any way, so I am avoiding artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives, important in the Feingold and MSG-free diets. Everyone needs to find out for themselves which foods they can tolerate and which ones they can't, no matter what the name of the diet. Every time I thought I was avoiding MSG, I discovered I was still eating a lot of it. If I had questions, I asked the people on this board. There is so much help and support here. Just keep reading these posts.
clarissa
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 6:59 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

dear chris i joined feingold assoc. afew months ago .it has helped me alot . since stopping small things in my life has helped alot such as, toothpaste which has salicylates flavoring coloring as well asglutamates.(i use baking soda and salt or hydrogen peroxide)also shampoos has the same as toothpastes. i use glycerine soap on my hair and body aswell as baking soda on my clothes . to wash them . itry to keep watch on salicylates in my diet. since applying this to my life and sulfites msg free iam like a whole new person ,i am much calmer ,happier rested up on a daily basis .ruth is right ialso noticed that foods with glutamates also contain salicylates . have you tried any of the feingold methods ? have you read the info from feingold packet ? would like
to chat about the feingold program also with you but i dont know how to use my email yet .since allthis computer stuff is new to me . thanks clarissa

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page