Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Soya products , milk,yogourt etc.

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Soya products , milk,yogourt etc. « Previous Next »

paul
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 3:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am allergic to dairy products so i have come to rely on soy products instead, are soy products a problem? I have just found myself very sensitive to msg and would appreciate any advice.
Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 7:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Soybeans are very high in natural glutamic acid. To produce soy products, several methods are used, most of which create free glutamic acid, the form of glutamate most readily absorbed into the blood stream. Most of us here react to products such as tofu, soy milk, hydrolyzed protein, lecithin, soy protein, soybeans oil, etc. Of course, the amount of free glutamate in these products varies. A study done in Hawaii showed that after several years of including soy bean products in the diet of the test volunteers, all of the subjects showed to have diminished brain capacities, compared to control groups...another reason to avoid soy. Have you tried the Rice Dream rice milk? It may not be as tasty as soy milk, but it works well in cooking and baking. I also use it to make hot cocoa.
Tom Fernstrom
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 8:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul,

Do you still have an allergic reaction if you use a product such as Lactase which contains the enzymes required for normal digestion of milk products?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page