Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Questions About Products

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Help! I Have a Question » Questions About Products « Previous Next »

Darrell T.
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 10:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently found some Oat Bran Pretzels by Snyder's of Hanover. Ingredients: Organic wheat flour, water, organic oat flour and oat bran, organic honey, salt, yeast, sodium bicarbonate. Sounds pretty good. My concern; they say that they are slow-baked. This scares me. What do you people think?
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 3:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They sound good, but it's hard to judge any product these days. Some yeasts are really yeast blends that sometimes contain glutamate containing ingredients as dough conditioners. And some are safer. Yeast itself contains 7 to 11% free glutamate. I don't want to put a damper on your find. I just want you to know what may be present. If you don't react, please let us know. Please go easy the first time you try them, okay?!!! I've tried things that looked good, and because I have deprived myself of that treat for so long, I ended up paying for my exuberance!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page