Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Itchy skin.

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Help! I Have a Question » Itchy skin. « Previous Next »

KT
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 10:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lately, after eating things like salad with homemade dressing, I get very itchy skin. It's on my back, front torso, and sometimes I have hives. I think I reacted to broccoli the same way. What is going on? I am being so careful. I am tired of this. These things never bothered me before.
Adam
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 4:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RE-ALS
Does anyone have any information? Stories?
A friend of mine, a very kind, young(32) gentleman has been diagnosed with ALS-he is already having symptoms and he is very depressed and searching for answers. I remember seeing mention of ALS-Lou Gehrig's disease on the old discussion board awhile ago. Any feedback would help. Especially if anyone knows of any holistic cures or ways to cause remission. Thank You...

PS-The Country Life CO- Q10, taken out of the gelatin shell and mixed in applesauce-30mg. twice a day has been helping me enormously.Don't forget to take it with something fatty-I have been adding butter or also taking it in olive oil. My skin has been virtually clear of hives/pimples/redness for a couple weeks now-and when I do break out-it goes away quickly-instead of taking a week to heal.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 4:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where do you purchase Country Life vitamins, Adam? So sorry about your friend. If you do a search here on ALS, you should find some good information. Last year, media reports suggested that ALS was linked to faulty "pumps" in the brain that rid it of excess glutamate. Of course, doctors wouldn't have a clue that the glutamate in our food and the glutamate in our brains, naturally, could be linked somehow....or that we are getting far too much of it each day.
KT, we get lots of reports that many farmers are spraying lettuce and other produce, including broccoli with AuxiGro, which contains 30% glutamic acid. Be cautious about produce, and try different stores. We may not be so safe with organic produce, either, since AuxiGro may be used by organic growers, too. It's touted as a "natural" pesticide and metabolic primer. You may also be reacting to sulfites sprayed on a lot of produce, including grapes and greens.
Ruth
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 4:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

KT,
You might try organic red leaf or green leaf lettuce. Iceberg has a lot of chemicals (including AuxiGro) and I am told doesn't come in organic. Maybe some of the other vegetables, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, avocados, onions are causing problems. They all have pretty high amounts of natural glutamates or tyramine in them. I've had to give them all up, and now I eat only organic lettuce and an occasional red pepper. I'm O.K. with apples and I add those to my salad once in a while. I'm thinking of trying a rotation diet, except that with most of these foods, it takes only a bite or two to give me a headache, so for me, I don't think it would work.
KT
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 5:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, Deb A. and Ruth. I will try your suggestions out. By the way, I tell everyone about this site and MSG. Keep up the good work.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 6:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A.,

Here is their web site:

http://www.country-life.com/acl.htm
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 6:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adam,

Your friend with ALS may be interested in the following article:
http://www.alssurvivalguide.com/als_causes_of_als.htm

Also, the drug lithium is said to work by leveling out glutamate levels per this link:

http://www.apa.org/monitor/sep98/lith.html
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 6:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A.,

The web page for Country Life Coenzyme Q10 is at:

http://www.country-life.com/coq102.htm

You can e-mail Country Life at:

sales@country-life.com
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 10:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, you are terrific. What a super "e sleuth" you are! What would we do without your help?????
Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page