Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Products I found safe

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Products I found safe « Previous Next »

Frank
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2001 - 4:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Long time I didn't post. Well, I am doing pretty well now :)

These products I found not to bother me at all:

1- Most Tree of Life Fruit Juices (the organic ones are better)
2- Terra Yukon Gold Salt and Pepper Potato Chips
The Onion and Garlic ones too.
3- Vans All Natural Wheat Free Waffles
4- Cascadian Farm Organic Fruit Spreads
5- Organic Raisin Bran Flakes by Health Valley
6- Musselman's Apple Juice
and a few more things but the list will be too large to post :)

Also, I just found a new doctor that really undertands MSG and my problems.
He also recommended more exercise to get my metabolism to normal, and I can say it really worked.

No more nasal allergies, no more high/low blood pressure and no more headaches, and best of all no more MSG symptoms. :)
Also, I take 30mg Zinc which helps me a lot.
And for those who suffer from Irritable Bowel syndrome, Aloe Vera is the perfect solution :)
It works for sinus too as it soothes irritated nasal passages.
I use the gel from the plant, not capsules, I have a few Aloe plants on the back yard.

So, get away from your computer and do some jogging or walking a few times a week! :)
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 9:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tips, Frank. They are good ones, especially about the exercise. I feel so great when I walk regularly. How you you extract the gel, and how much and how often, (and how) do you take it?
Please let us know the brand of zinc you use. Others here have mentioned that it helps.
Frank
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 10:47 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I cut the plant's lower leaves (these are the bigger ones) and remove the green cover leaving only the transparent part where the gel is, then wash it and cut it in small pieces.
Then I just put the pieces in the refrigerator to eat later or make juice with them. For juice you can use half gel, half water.
A little slimy at first, but you'll get accustomed to it. :) You can put in 1 tbsp of honey if you make juice with it. The small pieces you can eat'em just like that, I eat like 5 or 6 pieces a day (just for like 4 to 5 days, then I give it a few days rest), I chew them so they break and the gel will come out them swallow them, and drink just a little quantity of water after I finish.

About the Zinc, it helps for many things, even with the Flu and infections. It works on over 200 enzymatic reactions in the body.
I use Quality Choice Zinc 30mg tablets, 1 a day.
Ingredients:
Zinc Gluconate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Powdered Cellulose, Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate.
If you feel your mouth a little dry a few hours after taking the Zinc, it is working :) That is the effect of the Zinc Gluconate. Just drink more water. :)
You can take the tablet alone or with food.
Judy T
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 1:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frank: Please list your doctor's name and city under the category for that. I'd go half way across the U.S. if I could find a doctor who knew about excitotoxins!
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 3:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the quick reply, Frank! I hope I can find that brand of zinc here somewhere. Did you buy it at some large chain or some small store?

I've seen aloe vera beverages, but they contain corn syrup or other junk additives.

So glad you are doing so well with your health!
Frank
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 3:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I am in the Caribbean. :)
Sunny Puerto Rico to be more especific.
City: Aguadilla

My recommendation is exercise, drink more water, avoid the things that cause your reactions or allergies, including excitotoxins and all kind of toxins, and when sick, try to use natural remedies if possible instead of drugs.
For example, I get rid of flu in just one day with Zinc, Natural Orange Juice and Chicken Soup with Vegetables :) It's been working for me for over a year.
Everything that we need is there in nature
We are so accustomed to the easy things that is why we got ourselves into this problem. :)
And toxins are everywhere, the problem is that excitotoxins are not our only problem, but all kind of toxins, including the ones on the water we drink, the air we breath, the ones they spray on our food, is like we are in this big poison chamber :)

So, get a water filter too.

These are the problems/symptoms I got rid off by changing all these things in my life:

1- Nasal Allergies
2- Sinus
3- Headaches
4- Acid Reflux/Heartburn
5- muscle pain
6- iregular blood preassure
7- irregular heart beats
8- constipation
9- get sick less often
10- feel stronger
and many more problems :)
Judy T
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 7:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frank: Wow, the Caribbean. Well, you never know...I need a vacation anyway.
Tom Fernstrom
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 6:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear NoMSGers,

Just thought I'd mention two products I've found entirely safe:

Planter's Salted Peanuts in the Shell
Ingredients - peanuts and salt
purchased at Sam's Club

"Market Day" Premium Black Angus Ground Beef Chuck Patties with Vidalia Onions
Ingredients - Beef, Vidalia Onion, Salt
www.marketday.com
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 5:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Tom. I love to hear about safe foods that we can try. I recently bought some organic peanut butter at Trader Joe's (their brand name) and a jar at Whole Foods (their brand name). I just tried a little of the latter, and it is so good, I know I will gain some weight if I don't watch
out. (and of course if I don't react to it) I wish I could find Market Day chuck/Vidalia onion patties here. They sound so good. But I can make my own, I guess...still finding some safe and fast alternatives is such a rare pleasure these days!
Anna
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 1:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone I'm in the same boat as you all are I get swelling of the left eye only weid, and pains, sores in my mouth and of course bloating and it took ne 6 yrs to find this out on my own no thanks to allgeriest, any way I want to let you know that I found some products you might like to try with no MSG, first I'll give you the name to go to on the web, THUMANN"S INC,com they have eveything from condiments to hot dogs cold meat which makes a nice lunch if you have to work every day, there telephone number is (201)935-3636 there out of Carlstadt, new jersey its called the deli best, If you have a shaws super market out you way they sell it there, I tried it its great.
Anna
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 5:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anna - Everyone is different but please be careful with Thumann's. I seem to recall past postings at NoMSG.com (that were since lost) about some trouble with their products --- despite their claims and pride in their family business. Does anyone remember this?
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 6:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One thing that bothers me is that their web site does not provide ingredient lists for their products. Also, it mentions use of "different natural flavors", possible sources of MSG.

http://www.thumanns.com/franks.htm
Gerry Bush
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 9:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thumanns uses sodium phosphates and lactates in their meats and cheeses! Beware. I get horrible reactions from these chemicals.
Ruth
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 10:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thumann's has hidden sources of MSG. Some health food stores (usually the smaller, local ones)have turkey or beef that they roast themselves. I am no longer able to find any, and now, I would probably react to it, I'm so much more sensitive to MSG than I used to be. Whole Foods doesn't carry a single prepared meat that doesn't have some source of hidden MSG in it, and they are so surprised to hear it if I tell them why I won't take a taste when I'm buying it for the rest of my family. My Whole Foods has Diestel brand turkey, which still has some bad stuff in it, just not as much as other brands.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page