Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The Yeast Link

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities » The Yeast Link « Previous Next »

Ginger
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 4:39 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I enjoy reading this site so very much, all the information is very, very helpful.
I spoke to Deb A. on the phone about six months ago after I discovered this site. The info. here has literally come through a lot of prayer and guidance. My husband had suffered with episodes of throwing-up-for-hours migraines!! Since he eliminated MSG he has been a new man. My daughter also suffered from severe stomach problems and is considerably better since eliminating MSG. She still had trouble though and I continued to research things out (why pay a Dr.?) I read a book entitled "The Yeast Link" and have discovered the rest of my daughter's stomach problems. My daughter was on anti-biotics(which means against-life...interesting) for much of her young life, which we all know kills the good and the bad, but I also found out all kinds of things yeast can do to your body, including rob your cells of energy and literally take over the immune system, which helps to understand her chronic problems with colds and everything else, and then throw a little MSG on the pile and boy......
I'm not the best at explaining things, but I put her on acidophlis, (which she's been on before, and should probably stay on)caprillac acid, and I think I'm going to try a product called Mod-U-Care (checked this out today, the capsules are geletin..:(, an immune system builder, I have heard excellent things about this product. What we have done so far has helped quite a bit with stomach problems.
I was wondering if any of you have done any research on this topic, from what I've read it seems that if there is a yeast problem it makes you more sensitive to almost anything.
With no MSG (and she knows when shes had some) and doing the no yeast program, she seems like a new person!!!
Oh! And we pray over everything we eat, we figure if there is anyhting going on that we don't know (such as what we seen on Frontline the other night....scary,) God can make it right!!!
God's Word says people perish for lack knowledge.
Have a blessed day!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Deb S
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 7:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's the site for Moducare, and some excerpts from same:

http://www.moducare.com/

Moducare™ is a patented, unique blend of sterols and sterolins involving a highly specialized proprietary process. These special nutrients were discovered by RW Liebenberg, when his relative Oom Koos was dying from prostate cancer. A neighbor offered Koos a traditional brew, known for its healing properties, in order to help him recover.

Day by day he grew stronger and eventually recovered from his cancer. This experience began a lifetime of work for RW. He knew he had to find the active ingredient in the brew that resulted in his uncle's miraculous recovery.

RW was not a scientist, but he studied chemistry, plants, human physiology and everything he could find on cancer treatments using plants. He enlisted the help of researchers and discovered that the active ingredients were plant fats called sterols and sterolins.

It was found that sterols and sterolins occur naturally in fruit, vegetables, seeds and nuts. Sterolin is a sterol molecule that has attached itself to a glucose molecule.

Sterolins are easily destroyed through processing, freezing and some cooking methods, and without it, the sterol does not have the same immune-enhancing benefits.

Each capsule contains: per capsule / daily dose
Sterols (from soy or pine) 20 mg / 60 mg
Sterolins (from soy or pine) 200 mcg / 600 mcg

The sterols and sterolins are in a base of rice flour, in a gelatin capsule. Contains NO sugar, acacia, barley, wheat, corn, millet, dairy, lactose, yeast, gluten, artificial sweeteners, artificial colorings, salicylates or preservatives.

What about allergic reactions?
An allergic reaction is extremely unlikely, as Moducare™ contains no artificial colouring, preservatives, sweeteners or salicylates. It also contains no sugar, acacia, barley, wheat, corn, millet, dairy, lactose, yeast, gluten or other common allergens. [NOTE: It contains SOY or PINE.]
----------------

Any thoughts on whether this product might be safe for us?
Ginger
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 11:28 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Deb S., I was wondering the same thing, especially the soy. I have a friend that takes it and she is sensitive to MSG and seems to do fine, she is also doing the no yeast program. Maybe it's a piece of the puzzle we all need to stay well. Sometimes keeping up with everything I've researched out seems like an endless chore, like the more I search the more I find, but it's worth it to see my family well!!:)
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2001 - 1:14 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a brief web page for caprylic acid, an antifungal used to treat candidiasis (scroll down):

http://www.nutritionfocus.com/nutrition_supplementation/fatty_acids/Caprylic_Acid.html
Ginger
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2001 - 12:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Roy, I really appreciate all the info. you provide for us, the information is invaluable!
Carol H
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2001 - 1:39 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb S, perhaps pine nuts (pignoli) may contain enough of these sterolins to make a difference. Eating closest to the source may be better than taking a pill.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page