Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Auxigro

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities » Auxigro « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 3:59 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was stunned beginning last October to find that I was suddenly reacting to more and more fresh produce whether organic or non-organic, U.S. or foreign, such as potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, broccoli rabe, green beans lettuce, strawberries, possibly pineapple, apples, pears, citrus fruit - from California, Wisconsin, Maine, Massachusetts (apples), Florida, Mexico, Argentina. Auxigro is everywhere. Many of the vegetables and fruits are enormous. The citrus fruit is waxed - probably with hydrolyzed protein
in the wax and probably grown with Auxigro also.

I called the small farm in Maine that supplied the Yukon Gold potatoes that I had reacted to. They stated that they followed MOGFA standards -
Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association-
digging clover into the soil the preceding year and after planting using fish protein (presumably hydrolyzed) and seaweed. I reacted also to hydroponic lettuce from a small local grower and to herbs grown locally in pots - I think it was parsley - also from a local grower.
I have shopped for some years now at Bread and Circus, Division of Whole Foods in Providence, R.I. I telephoned the Head Buyer in the Boston area. He had never heard of Auxigro and stated that their suppliers were not required to let Bread and Circua know what they used on the produce. A follow-up letter to him giving information on Auxigro and requesting that the use of Auxigro be labelled and thatsome produce grown without glutamate sprays and some produce produce without wax be available to customers. This letter brought no response.

I am also now reacting to a few of the packaged products that had formerly been safe for me such as Olde Tyme organic roasted peanuts and an apple juice in small cardboard containers. I don't remember which brand.

What does the future hold?

Do any of you know of a reliable mail order supplier of safe produce grown without glutamate sprays, without wax impregnated with hydrolyzed vegetable protein and grown without fish protein or seaweed?
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 9:30 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,

I have witnessed the mainstreaming of the health food industry. What originally sprung up as an alternative, grass roots movement reacting to the adulteration of our food has in my lifetime evolved into an established, high volume, high priced, elite supplier to the rich, with more emphasis on fancy packaging and natural sounding names than pure ingredients. Their stores, once small, have grown as big as regular supermarkets and are placed only in the most upscale neighborhoods. The high demand has obviously created a compromising of standards and lack of control over the whole growing process.
We are rapidly approaching an age where if we want safe food we will have to grow it ourselves, if we can find seeds to plant that haven't been genetically tampered with.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 4:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The article below suggests that the main health food supermarket chain will probably in turn be acquired by one of the large, non-health-food supermarket chains. I would expect this to bury their original intent even further, until the two are almost indistinguishable from each other:

http://www.emagazine.com/may-june_1997/0597gl_money.html
Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 8:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Roy. An excellent article. Now I understand what's happening. I will have to start looking for a local cooperative.
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 6:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For some years now, I have been buying cans of Westbrae organic garbanzo beans - ingredients - organic garbanzo beans(soaked in water), water and sea salt. Never had a problem with them. They were good with olive oil and chopped red onion. Today, I opened a can of them. I knew just from looking at them that they had been grown with Auxigro. They were so large. I put one in my mouth - just to try. I didn't even swallow it. An instant reaction - pain in the right jaw and then muscle pain in the right shoulder.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 7:18 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous, be sure to let Westbrae know how you reacted and your suspicions about the use of AuxiGro. Please refer them to site www.truthinlabeling.org which goes into depth about AuxiGro. You can tell them our about all the related sites and this bulletin board, too. I don't trust "giant" looking anything these days, from strawberries to potatoes. :(
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 8:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,

Here are two other web pages with information that you could send them:

http://www.nomsg.com/sprays.html

http://www.aspartame.com/msgoncrops.html

And to think that only 16 people are doing all this damage:

3125 Sovereign Drive, Suite B
Lansing, MI 48911-4240
Telephone: 517-882-7370 Fax: 517-882-7521 Email:
Home page: http://www.auxein.com
President and CEO: Dr. John L. McIntyre
Number of Employees: 16.0
Industry Classifications: Plant Agriculture
Products in Development: auximone plant growth formulations, crop
productivity;
Products Marketed: AuxiGro (TM), increase crop yield and quality
characteristics

source:

http://www.gene.ch/info4action/1999/Aug/msg00088.html
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 10:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the above suggestions. Will do.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page