Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Email address

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Your E-mail Address » Email address « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 9:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Don. Is this a class action suit?
LL
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 10:23 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Judy T, I'm not quite sure what to do here to contact you. Can you leave me your EM address? Thanks.
Gerry Bush
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 9:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LL- Go to the "Tree View" and you will find all of our email addresses.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 8:14 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can also double click on the name above their postings to write them an e mail, in some instances.
Don Campbell
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A, and everyone, Yes, class action, with as many of us as possible. I'm thinking of aiming at Monsanto as they are the ones so closely knitted with the EPA. I'll be the next couple months assembling 1- the evidence from scientists that all free glutamates are poison and 2- the evidence that Monsanto and the EPA have been covering that evidence up and that the EPA is being controlled by the food companies. Thanks Deb for your help with that last attack, still recovering. Was good to hear your voice. I may be quiet for a while but I'll be working hard.
Don Campbell
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 11:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, guess what people------ I have learned some things this past week. I learned that; Not only have the msg people been appealing to the EPA and our congress for years with evidence that there are many poisons in our food, like aspartame, and the ones in milk that are causing cancer. People have been "lobbying" for years, tried to take these things to court, and are silenced by the big, evil, money machine, that is now our government. The machine has eaten it and it is poisoned. For further details see under Sharing scientific info. under Texturized vegetable protein short course trip. I am no longer going to pursue a battle in a court of law. I have some other ideas, and ones that I think are more pertinent and appropriate courses of action at this point. I wish to find a few soldiers that are willing to join in a protest, where we actually get together and do something that demands national media attention. I will say no more about it here as I don't want the enemy to know. Please email me at donscampin@aol.com Do any of you understand that the EPA and monsanto (one in the same) know what the poison is doing? And that they have been covering it up? We have a decade of evidence to prove it.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 3:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don,

I wouldn't totally rule out lawsuits:

http://www.purefood.org/rbgh/moreakrestuff.cfm
Tom Fernstrom
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 8:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear NOMSGers,

Perhaps there are some readers who are being helped by MSG abstinence and are also in the process of looking for employment. Maybe suggesting employment in the fields where their knowledge of these poisonous excitotoxins could allow them to influence research would help the cause.

I was looking up stuff on the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and saw that they have career opportunities at:

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/nioshcar.html

I'm sure other agencies have career opportunities as well.

Another thought would be those readers here that work at any of the offending companies that produce these Excitotoxins or place them knowingly in food products. Is it inconceivable that their illnesses brought on by Excitotoxins might not qualify intervention by the NIOSH into those workplaces.

I remember Carol H telling experiences related to her employment at Lipton foods. There could be thousands of people affected by the hazards of these Excitotoxins in the workplace.

One might look at these suggestions as a way to infiltrate enemy territory.
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 9:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom - This is a great idea. Thank you for sharing it with us! Of course, folks should keep in mind that some work areas in food companies may not be safe as we learned from Carol.
Phyllis
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2001 - 10:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been sensitive to MSG ever since I was a young child and almost passed out in a Chinese Restaurant. I have had Fibrimyalgia for about 13 years and haven't realized until now that it is probably due to the MSG. When I eat in certain restaurants, I always get symptoms and was surprised to get symptoms when eating food from a health food store (such as Soy imitation chicken or egg salad). I am relieved to find this website and to realize that I am not the only one dealing with this problem. The last time I had severe palpitations after eating some chips in a mexican restaurant, my doctor looked at me like I was a hypochondriac. It seem almost impossible to avoid msg. Any advice would be appreciated.
Phyllis
Carol H
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 8:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phyllis, most of us don't do well with soy products. Beware anything imitation. Stick to fresh organic foods.
Phyllis
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 6:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems like all meals will have to take a long time to prepare from scratch. It is so difficult to eat on the run when you have to watch everything you put into your mouth. I will have to order the msg free cookbook, but in the meantime, does anyone have suggestions until I receive the book?
Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 6:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phyllis - Initially, it is difficult to change however, the benefits are just tremendous. I am feeling and looking so much better but it has taken a great deal of readjustment and perserverance. Yes, it does take more time but I feel I have my priorities in the right order now and it is worth every minute. My friends and acquaintances thought I was crazy for quite some time but after the past 18 months since I began changing my diet, they are starting to comment that they may want to go the same route to feel better. Even my internist (who thought I was a hypocondriac too) appears rather astonished at the change in me --- all without any medication. The past discussions here provide a wealth of tips on foods to eat and prepare and where to get them. Until you get Deb's book, try using these words to do a keyword search: Lunch, Travel, Vacation, and Snacks and surf as much as your time permits. We will all be looking forward to hearing of your progress and hearing about the tips you will learn on your own that you may wish to share. Don't forget to post when you have trouble -- this group is very supportive and encouraging. I couldn't have gotten this far without them and Deb's wonderful reference book.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page