Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Safe hot dogs and pasta sauce

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Safe hot dogs and pasta sauce « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 1:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hotdogs that are delicious and safe to Northwesterners: Hemplers of Bellingham, WA (www.hemplers.com)...beef is not treated with antibiotics or hormones... no nitrates or any preservatives....beef, water, honey, sea salt, coriander, paprika only...will ship to Associated Grocers in the Northwest. I paid $20.00 for 12 1 lb. pkgs.(Food Pavillion gave me a discount) They freeze well. Delicious!
Seeds of Change Tomato and Basil pasta sauce. Called producers...."spices" means herbs. I would avoid the 3 cheese variety. Delicious sauce....have had no reaction and have eaten it 3 times.
Make your own breakfast sausage. This idea was given to me by our local meat market butcher, who knows I can't eat their MSG tainted product. I add sage, marjoram or thyme, honey or maple syrup, salt, pepper, cayenne, and a little water to lean ground pork (no hormones, lactic acid, or phosphates). Form into patties and fry till golden. Happy eating!
Deb S
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 4:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I heartily second that on Hemplers beef wieners--I think I posted about them awhile back. They also make bacon (both are found in the freezer section because they don't have any preservatives) which I tried recently and it was very good, no reaction either. It was a little odd seeing bacon turn brownish before it was cooked all the way, no doubt due to the lack of nitrites.

I'll have to look for the the pasta sauce. Sounds good and less preparation time! :)

And thanks for the idea of putting a little maple syrup or honey in the homemade sausage, I'll have to try that next time.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page