Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

NAET

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Helpful Remedies or Ways to Diminish Symptoms » NAET « Previous Next »

Valerie
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 6:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just started NAET treatments and I found out I am allergic to a lot more than MSG, which I expected because I pretty much feel sick after everything I eat. My reaction to MSG was definately the strongest though. A couple of you had mentioned on previous posts that you were doing NAET treatments and I was just wondering how they are going.
Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 8:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Laurie, life just got too hectic for me in recent months, so I had to stop them for awhile. I do need more of them to make a better evaluation. Are you having the needles or acupressure? That may make a difference. I still can tell that I am not reacting in the same way when I do get MSG by mistake. I do much better with glutamate in it's natural food form, such as in tomatoes. But I had acupressure, and I hear acupuncture works better. I have read that some people do fine for awhile, but that some of the benefits can wear off. Please share your experiences and let us know how it's going.
Connie
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 8:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Valerie,

So far, I've had about 6 treatments, and I continue to be very hopeful that NAET is right for me. I too found that I was very allergic/sensitive to a lot and the treatments have had to be broken down into small steps.

This week I was treated for all of the amino acids, and its been very exciting! I'm now able to take my medicines without removing them from the gel caps...and without a reaction like before. And last night I ate a few corn chips on an empty stomach and was symptom free!! Normally both would cause my neck muscles to tighten and I would feel like I was kicked in the neck.

I've hesitated to post too much about my treatment until I thought it was worthwhile, since it is expensive, and I wanted to make sure it would work.

What I've learned so far is that the skill/knowledge of the practitioner is important, and I'm glad that I looked around and got several references for mine.

When I asked my internist about NAET, he'd never heard of it, but commented that he didn't think they could be in it just for the money. Based on the time you're in their office and their charge, it would not be a big "money maker" after their expenses. So he thought it was worth trying to see what happens.

The treatments need to be done in a specific order, so that means you shouldn't just get treated for glutamates or MSG. By sticking with the proven order, your body can heal itself much better and this often results in allergies to other foods clearing up, where you might have tested positive before. So for example, my treatment for amino acids (includes glutamate) cleared up my allergy to corn chips, gelatin and perhaps other items I haven't tried yet.

My practitioner uses accupunture for me (I've used it for years), but I understand from her that it's a matter of preference, they both work well.

For those of you that missed my post last month you might want to check
http://www.msgmyth.com/discus/messages/9/69.html?981740129
I gave a pretty good description of how to use kinesiology to test yourself for reactions to foods before you eat them!

It has really saved me from a lot of painful symptoms. Also, it was proof to me that this treatment program had some potential. My body really can tell me when I'm going to react to a particular food.
Connie
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2001 - 7:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Found an excellent write-up on NAET and MSG sensitivity through the NO MSG newsletter I received yesterday:

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/NAET.html

Dr. Samuels gives an very good and complete description of the treatment, having received this treatment himself, saying "Those who have been treated with NAET think of treatment results as nothing short of miraculous". He goes on to caution that you may still get a reaction if you eat a form of MSG that you haven't been treated for yet, but that your sensitivity should be less.

I am now about 1/2 way through the basic treatments, and feel so much better already...more energy, and far less muscle pain than I ever experienced, even with avoiding MSG every way I could think of with the info from this board and Deb's cookbook. I was very surprised to find I was extremely allergic to Vitamin C yesterday.

I'm now able to take my medicines in their gel cap, after being treated for amino acids.
Ruth
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 3:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am about to try NAET for my food sensitivities.
I just read on the internet that the cure for "leaky gut," which I seem to have the symptoms for, is glutamine. UH-OH. Does this mean that leaky gut can be caused by eliminating glutamates? Are glutamates and glutamine the same thing? I feel NAET is worth a try, as my diet is getting too limited and I am becoming more and more sensitive to foods.
Connie
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 6:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ruth,

NAET has been a miracle for me, I was very lucky to find a good practitioner...make sure they have had good success (usually about 80%) treating patients for at least several years. Don't hesitate to ask questions and for references.

I thought "leaky gut" had to do with Candidas, a particular kind of yeast living in the intestines. It can replace the good flora in the intestines when you take antibiotics.

Anyway, to answer your question, glutamine is one of the chemical precursors to glutamate (the other being glutamic acid).
Feel free to email me with any questions you have about NAET! A good PR will be able to help you with Candidas, if that is a problem, in addition to food allergies...without glutamine!
Ruth
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 7:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Connie. I was told I have both Candidas and leaky gut. I read that leaky gut is actual openings along the intestine which can be healed. I think the remedy might be similar for both. The practitioner is married to a highly respected internist at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, so here's one M.D. that recognizes the link to foods and our problems. It was the doctor who, two years ago, introduced me to her NAET husband. He says his success rate is 98%. His only failures were very old women who would not change their diets and gave up before they started. I hope I have as much success as you've had. I'll let you know.
Connie
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 6:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I agree, it does sound like you've found an excellent practitioner with impeccable references!
Great start!

One of the "fringe" benefits I found from using NAET was the release from feeling like a victim of glutamates...actually using the word fringe belittles the emotional relief!
WOW, now I can CHOOSE to avoid added glutamates and artificial ingredients in my diet. I no longer hunker down in fear that this or that might bring on the pain I've suffered with. And in using NAET I discovered there were many natural foods (and environmental things) that brought about my reactions, so now I can eat healthy and enjoy what life brings on!

Maybe my case was worse that others, but I found that there were 100's of natural items I was reacting to, in addition to glutamates and food additives (I've had 28 treatments so far, plus learned to treat myself for simple items and feel like I'm over 80% thru them all).

So Ruth, best wishes to you - life is quite an adventure - go for it!
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 8:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of the NAET practicioners here is an M.D. and tells patients that while he can help eliminate a patient's reactions to most foods and many foods high in natural glutamate, he says the treatment doesn't hold permanently for pure MSG. He says that this is because it is a toxin and not a real food (not a true food allergy response, which NAET works best on). He suspects that there are carcinogens in it also, and that the body keeps trying to reject it. He says he keeps retreating people for MSG. At least they are better able to handle foods that have natural glutamate. That seems to be true for me.
cheryl
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 11:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I'm so excited to hear about your experiences with NAET. I've been reading about it and made an apt with a chiropractor here who practices it. I'm very hopeful this will help my son tolerate foods better. At first I was a little skeptical about it, but you have given me hope that it will help. I'm pretty sure he has Candida also. cheryl

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page