Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

My incredible MSG story!!

Battling the MSG Myth » Archive » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » My incredible MSG story!! « Previous Next »

sarah hutchinson
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2001 - 11:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have known that I am sensitive to MSG for about five years, unfortunately I didn't know its many different names until about a year ago.

I have suffered abdominal pain, fatigue, confusion plus the usual Chinese restaurant symptoms - so I now cook everything myself from scratch.

last June I suffered a gallstone attack and I was told that I had a diseased gallbladder - I was 20 yrs old at the time! I had my gallbladder removed last august.

the following October (2000) my appendix ruptured and after a laparotomy I was left with peritonitis.

because I suffered severe abdominal pain for years (I kept thinking I had food poisoning) I am convinced that MSG has had something to do with my gallbladder and appendix.

has anyone else suffered circumstances like mine?

I am in the UK - where no-one takes MSG sensitivity seriously.

please contact me!
email: sech101@hotmail.com
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2001 - 2:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah, search this site and the site at NoMSG for reference to gall bladder. There were quite a few references. There are p ople who had their gall bladders removed and continued to suffer from "gall bladder attacks" until they removed MSG from their diets. You are definitely not alone.
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2001 - 7:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah, if you would like some support in the UK,please e mail me at avenger@,sgmyth.com. I may be able to put you in touch with a fellow sufferer closer to home.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page