Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MSG and Interstitial Cystitis

Battling the MSG Myth » How You Made the MSG Connection » MSG and Interstitial Cystitis « Previous Next »

M Kilgore
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 10:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am happy to have discovered this website because I know that MSG greatly contributes to my health problem. I have not read about anyone who suffers from Intersitital Cystitis on here yet, but I do and I have to avoid many foods and drinks. I cannot eat foods with acid, caffeine, spice, citrus, etc. and do not drink sodas or alcohol. I did not realize how much MSG was irritating my bladder problem until a co-worker informed me. I am just learning what to look for on labels because I know the ingredients can be hidden. That is a shame. I strongly feel that food manufacturers should have the reponsibility to inform consumers of the contents of their products and they should not be able to "trick" us. Some of us suffer so much!
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 6:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Linked below is a discussion about food choices for Interstitial Cystitis:

http://www.ic-network.com/guestlectures/bevtranscript3.html
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 8:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a realy interesting discussion. After looking into this topic, I realized I had been diagnosed over the years - since childhood with many of these same symptoms of IC. Very interesting........
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 8:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And, after strictly my MSG intake, the symptoms have abated....
Connie M.
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 6:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, just saw this. I know it is an old post, but it gives me hope. I have this as well as FMS and a lot of stuff that seems to go with FMS. I hope by cutting out the MSG( I have been doing this) that it will help my IC. I have been cutting out most foods with acid in them too, as best I can for now. My IC is a little better.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 1:28 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just came on to see was there any info about msg or aspartame causing or contributing to cystitis. The last two times ive eaten a tomato based dish ive suffered terrible migraines. I figured this was the citric acid in the tins even though the tomatoes are organic, coupled with cooking too long and causing a free glutamte"soup" . I dont do well with tomatoes but still keep trying. Anyway for the second time in a few months ive had a severe migraine brought on by tomatoes swiflty followed by cystitis. Does anyone else have this happen or is it just conincidence? Im pretty sure now there is a link.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 3:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Per the Mayo Clinic's website, in treating cystitis:

"Avoid citrus juices and spicy foods until your infection has cleared. These items can irritate."
aliwood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2011 - 12:44 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Roy. Just back from docs and no infection present despite my symptoms. This seems to happen after ive poisoned myself. The doctor gave me a drink to help, but that is sweetened with aspartame....I think they will be staying in the box.Im starting to think there is a link to msg.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 4:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ali, I had cystitis years ago and many things triggered it. You don't have to have an infection to have it, it's just awful inflammation and until you cure it and it completely heals you can experience recurrences. Isn't that just like a doctor, give the patient something that will create another problem. I believe for you there is a link to FGA. Everyone is different and it seems that where a person has a weakness that's how the symptoms manifest themselves. For me it's my sacroiliac. I read that FGA attacks the central nervous system.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 2:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I react to most canned tomatoes that have citric acid added.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page