Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Ocular migraines, visual problems , s...

Battling the MSG Myth » How You Made the MSG Connection » Ocular migraines, visual problems , sleep apnea « Previous Next »

susiet
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I am new to this site. I try to avoid msg typically, but the other night I had a can of Progresso vegetarian minestrone soup for suppper. I woke up the next morning, could barely see, my vision was so blurry and my eyes had so much pressure behind them. This made me start searching for a relationship between msg and visual problems and I came upon this site. I have had ocular migraines for about 20 years, very scary, sometimes a couple of times a month. Just hoped and prayed til they would go away in 20 minutes or so. I had no idea there was a relationship with msg and these migraines. I also have central sleep apnea, occuring sporadically. It makes me not want to go to bed, because it is so awful. I have just noticed connections on the posts here between this also, and msg. Many time I start to eat and soon have eye fatigue, inflamed feeling, weary, fuzzy vision, and know I can't eat any more of a particular food. This is the gauge I use for eating, can my eyes handle it or not?
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Susiet,

MSG has been linked to Glaucoma and can cause high eye pressure. My family has a history of MSG sensitivity and Glaucoma. :-(
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had high eye pressure for 25 years and although never was diagnosed with glaucoma, my doctors had me come in yearly to be checked. Currently, (after being on a no-MSG diet for 1 1/2 years) my pressure is the lowest it's been in 25 years, although I will probably still continue to be checked on a regular basis - just to be on the safe side.
MEMorrisNJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 5:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

susiet - I felt I was going to die after having Progresso's lentil soup. I get digestive reactions (severe d.) and can't sleep.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page