Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

THERE MAY BE HOPE!!!

Battling the MSG Myth » How You Made the MSG Connection » THERE MAY BE HOPE!!! « Previous Next »

Byron
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 1:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been on the diet for 4 weeks and am still struggling very badly........I went and saw a nutrionist today to help me out, she HAD BEEN msg intollerant but she grew out of it! I told her my story and she understood completely! she said that my GI tract is messed up from too many MSG's and I needed to get on powdered probiotics(with no MSG) b/c it will repair the GI tract and will help my digestive system be the way it use to be b/c for now with a damaged GI tract the digestive system is not able to absorb the nutrients in the right way which is keeping me sick, she did the same thing when she got allergic to MSG and she got 100% better and she is able to eat at any resturant she wants now and eat anything and not have a problem but she refuses to eat MSG b/c she knows its bad period.......so I will let you know my results in 3 weeks; she also gave me some amino acids that will repair my system and you dont really have to digest them(kinda like taking an IV) the only thing I am worried about is glutamine- she said it was the best amino acid to help repair the GI tract but I'm concerned with the glutamine being converted to glutamate in my body--> making me sick again??? will wait and see & does anyone in here ever take glutamine or have had any trouble with it???
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 7:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Byron, be careful of amino acid supplements...is there aspartic acid in the supplement, too? I'm confused by what your nutritionist is telling you. First she says that she can eat anything now at restaurants, but still avoids MSG. The fact is, most restaurant food is filled with hidden sources of free glutamate, the harmful component of MSG, so I find it hard to believe she avoids MSG. Is she aware of all the aliases for MSG? She may have had a reaction to pure MSG or foods high in it, but I suspect her reactions may not be anything like most of us here have to small amounts of it....I could be very wrong. But please let us know how you are doing with the supplements and probiotics....we're rooting for you.
Byron
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 4:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well....she said she suffered from it for 15 years and she had been on antibiotics for a long time like me(2 1/2 years)(over 1,000mg a day of tetracycline) she told me she got on the probiotics then the amino acids that help the GI system while avoiding msg and she said she went out to eat at some mexican restraunts and......... no problem her theory is..........my damaged GI is hurt from the antibiotic overload and now the GI can not absorb nutrients in the way it use to b/c it can not break down the food well enough so when the unbroken down food enters into the body from the GI it can cause many other prblmes
Byron
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 4:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I meant to say the nutrionist doesn't go to alot of resturants but she does stick to real foods and to answer your question.......there is 1g of aspartic acid(as calcium aspartate) also 2g L-glutamine and 3g FOS and1g L-arginine and 200mg N-acetyl glucosamine and 200mg Quercetin and 40mg essential oil of ginger the supplement is called permeability complex I by pharmax.........I havn't taken it yet but I am told to take it in a day
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please let us know how you feel after taking the supplement for at least a week or two, Byron. Just be sure to trust what your body tells you.
Byron
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What are your thoughts of me being on these amino acids??? And what is exaclty happening to my body when i take them???
Sleuth John B
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 10:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy New Year Deb A., to your familly and all the poster on this board.

I know when my symptoms flared so badly that I could not ignore them: September 16, 2000.

By the time I found the msgmyth.com home page I had about 30 of the 32 listed symptoms. I have learned a great deal from Deb's book and her postings as well as from many of the others posting here.

Today, after reviewing the 32 numbered symptoms on the home page, I am down to less than a handful of issues that still make my life less than wonderful. I am working on those issues while staying away from msg laden foods.

At the start of this New Year I wanted to thank Deb A. and all of you for having saved my life.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 5:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to thank Deb A. too - what a wonderful person, with very supportive husband, for such an important cause.

But some how "Thank You" doesn't seem like enough. What can we do for you Deb?
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 4:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heartfelt thanks to John and Dianne for your kind words and wishes. Just get better and better and help spread the word with whatever means and talents you have. That is thanks enough. To have you come here and post and help me to help others who are searching for answers is so appreciated. This Christmas season, I was busier than usual...house full of company and many gatherings for visiting family members. It was wonderful, but I had little chance to post. Thank you all for helping make this board so viable and valuable to so many suffering individuals. You are all very important in this cause. Thank YOU!
Wishes to all for a happy and much healthier 2009!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page