Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Read labels!

Battling the MSG Myth » How You Made the MSG Connection » Read labels! « Previous Next »

Dell
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 7:23 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dell Teigen

Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 12:00 pm:
Am now in my second day of abdominal pain and diarrhea--I ate some of Wolfgang Pucks Organic Vegetable Soup--did not read the label carefully enough--autolyzed yeast paste, autolyzed yeast extract, maltodextrin, natural flavor. I was dazzled by the organic ingredients and won't do that again. I am lucky that all I have is the abdominal pain/dia. In the past I have ended up in emergency--3 years ago now, thanks to a doctor in emergency who told me I had an allergic reaction to MSG (after Chinese dinner with NO MSG) that was life-threatening and then finding Debby's site (as well as having a great conversation with her). I am currently on Maui and am buying as much as I can fresh. Am also shopping at the small Organic market we have here, but it is a crying shame that people like Puck can label it Organic, show the USDA Organic label on it, and have it still include MSG. And, shame on me for not being more careful--I have only had a few times in the last three years where I have had any kind of a reaction to what I have been eating--always my own fault--fortunately no hospital trips. Thank you Debbie--I started to think I had gotten the Flu and finally decided to double check your site and listened to your radio interview from last year. You have been a life saver.
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 5:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ein Schloss, Ein Wurst, Ein Kopf !sbw
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 5:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ferengi rule of acquisition #239: Never be afraid to mislabel a product.

"Why you should NEVER trust labels on food: 'Fresh' food that isn't fresh. 'Natural' colours that are chemicals and 'real' fruit juice that only 5 per cent fruit"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1307871/Never-trust-labels-food-Fresh-food-isnt-fresh-unnatural-colours-false-fruit-juice.html

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page