Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Cured?

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your MSG Story/Recovery » Cured? « Previous Next »

crazyartistmike
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 9:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I posted on here a couple years ago telling of how bad msg is for me. Since then it had gotten worse - EXTREME anxiety/panic attacks, suicidal depression, confusion, etc, etc. In the hospital most of last October (stayed that long mostly due to the msg in the hospital food) and at least once or twice a month for six months after that. Couldn't think, couldn't take care of myself much. Lived in my truck for a while, then in a homeless shelter, then in transitional housing. Last February or March I was 95% convinced that I would not live another month. I believed I would kill myself if I had another bad attack. I had everything prepared - another bad attack was just too much to take.

While in transitional housing I had my own space. A friend gave me a juicer and I knew a fair bit about the Gerson nutrition and cleansing program (http://gerson.org). It includes mostly fresh vegetable juice and coffee enemas. So I started on a scaled down version of this program. Juice and enemas twice a day.

I also found that I have lead poisoning. This is most likely what is exasperating my msg sensitivity. Don't bother with the blood test done by the medical system. That will show nothing. Most toxic metals reside in the cells where they do their damage. Not in the blood. You need a provoked test done by a Naturopath. Mine showed My lead level is 33 ug/g when the allowed level is 2.

The difference has been amazing! The program has allowed me to over come most of the effects of the lead, and then I noticed I wasn't reacting to hidden forms of msg anymore (discovered by accident). Totally unexpected. I can now eat pretty much anything I want without the severe reactions. I still steer away from the things that blatantly have msg in them, but everyone should. I feel great and am happy all the time. I can now work again and have a new job. I'm also starting a business (been self employed for the last 20+ years, so I'm used to that), have a beautiful place to live, have started a great mastermind group with 28 and counting members, and have a new GF. After almost 3 years of absolute (this board won't allow that word) and losing absolutely everything I ever had because of this, I have my life back.

I will continue the cleansing/nutrition program until I get rid of the lead. Then I should be home free!!

Mike H.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats on your successful detox!
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 7:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have both lead and mercury toxicity and they definitely radically increase glutamate toxicity.

Good for you for getting healthier!!

Though this program probably has great health benefits, I find it very unlikely that this type of program will get rid of lead, as lead and mercury are two of the heaviest metals and require pretty extreme measures to remove once they are bone/cell resident. (Though it could help with current and recent lead exposure).

However, there is a good chance that if you have lead poisoning, you are also retaining all kinds of other toxins, most notably aluminum. Aluminum tends to hang around when other metals are present (according to Andy Cutler). Alumimum makes glutamate much worse, too, and aluminum tends to be excreted as soon as the detox pathways are improved.

Another way this type of program would probably help your sensitivity, is that it provides a lot of the key nutrients that are not only needed for detoxification, but for improved methylation. I'm beginning to believe that poor methhylation and related processes are a big part of the puzzle of why some people are much more sensitive than others. (ref. "Explaining Unexplained Illnesses" by Martin Pall. I'll try to remember to post my notes when I finish).

If you find your lead levels aren't fixed by this, I would suggest looking into Andy Cutler's work for safe ways of chelating the rest of the lead.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 11:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone looked into infrared saunas for heavy metal detoxification? I've been going to both infrared and normal saunas for the past six months and at first I didn't sweat. Now I've started detoxing and I sweat more and more every time I go! It's such a beautiful experience... to sweat like a real human. :-)

" The sweat of people treated in an infrared sauna will not only include water, but will also contain cholesterol, fat-soluble toxins, heavy metals (such as mercury, lead, cadmium, aluminum, and arsenic), nicotine, sulfuric acid, ammonia, and other dangerous environmental poisons. Normal sweat manufactured by other processes, including exercise, is composed of mostly water and sodium chloride. According to laboratory testing, traditional saunas, while they do induce sweating, produce approximately 97% water and 3% toxins, whereas FIR sauna therapy generated sweat was approximately 80% water and 20% toxins. These results are even more intriguing, considering the fact that traditional saunas operate at an average of 60-80 degrees higher than far infrared saunas. It is for these reasons that FIR therapy is such an effective tool in the treatment of individuals with weak, ill, or otherwise frail conditions.
Additionally, sweat has the task of being a prudent garbage collector. During a 15-minute infrared sauna, sweating can execute the same heavy metal excretion that would take the kidneys 24 working hours."

More information here: http://www.jashbotanicals.com/articles/far_infrared_saunas_6.html
jjmartin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 1:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been experimenting with Bentonite clay. It started when I was looking for something to use to add to my homemade tooth powder. Further reading lead me to believe that this could be a great vehicle to absorb toxins in the intestines which is where I believe the trouble stems. Any thoughts on this?
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 7:15 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a friend that swears by bentonite clay, and I do believe it's awesome at detoxing other things, but I'm pretty sure it's not strong enough for mercury and lead. Here is an interesting discussion about clay and metals...http://curezone.org/FORUMS/am.asp?i=104890 . The part about "absorbing aluminum from the clay" gave me pause since aluminum exascerbates glutamate toxicity.
jjmartin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 1:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just now saw this reply and thank you. I took a teaspoon of the clay for 4 days but became very concerned about possible intestinal blockage. It just was't comfortable for me. I am using it in toothpaste with half soda and a bit of stevia and also as deodorant as it is very absorbant. I do feel good about that.
Nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 3:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LisaS, would you recommend the book by Martin Pall?
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 12:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good reviews, but at that price I'd take it out of the library.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/078902389X/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 - 8:15 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...it's a good book but very highly technical and hard to follow. Also, it's focused on a different audience -- trying to show the scientific community that his theory is valid. If you email me at lstroyan at mail I'll send you my notes, I took 20 pages using a voice recorder.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 - 7:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found Bentonite clay to be very soothing in a bath before I got a full grasp my real food issues. I initially thought I my illness might be a metal toxicity issue. I had my mercury fillings removed (by a Huggins trained dentist - I buy the whole bit) and am glad I did, but it wasn't until I got on an msg free diet and started taking taurine that my metal reactivity stopped - and even reversed. I had "tatooing" on my gums from metal reactivity that I'd had for years that is now gone. I felt like the clay proved itself to be useful for detoxing. I liked the taste of the liquid. It's very reasonable too. I don't feel I need it anymore though...
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 7:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Evelyn, I should try that, I have a large jar of it somewhere.

Mercury definitely interacts with glutamate sensitivity, as I know from experience as well as research...mercury impairs the NMDA receptor just like aluminum and I think arsenic may as well (non-organic chicken).

But I wonder if the reverse is true, that impaired NMDA function may play a part in inability to detoxify heavy metals?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page