Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Natural free glutamate vs. MSG

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your MSG Story/Recovery » Natural free glutamate vs. MSG « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 69.204.34.120
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 7:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm curious what people think about naturally occurring free glutamate vs. MSG.

I react the same to either, the source doesn't matter to me.

I can make organic chicken stock with a whole chicken, onion, carrot and celery and get a powerful reaction from it. Or I can go to a Chinese restaurant and get the same reaction from their MSG.

Thoughts?
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 5:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I find i can cope with some foods with naturally occurring free glutamtae and not others. Triggers of naturally occurring glutamate i have are tomatoes and chicken and meat stocks if i dont use the same day or freeze. Reheated meats can also be an issue for me. I find i can cope with organic tomatoes if cooked very slightly by adding right at the end of a dish for a couple of minutes.I can use stock if its cooked and eaten the same day, but not if its left refrigerated overnight. Its a minefield for sure!
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 11:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I handle naturally occurring free glutamate much easier if eaten in small quantities. If I get a reaction its small compared to the huge reaction I get to a trace amount of man made free glutamate.

I know you are not alone in how you react but we all seem to react at different levels.
Anonymous

Posted From: 69.204.34.120
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 4:28 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page