Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Soda Stream // Soda Maker

Battling the MSG Myth » Recipes or Snack Ideas » Soda Stream // Soda Maker « Previous Next »

AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 4:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone want a carbonated beverage maker from Soda Stream (for free)? I got one for my wedding and we don't use it. :-)
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 5:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AdaLovelace, Could you sell it on ebay?
Nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 12:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it cause you problems or do you just not like how it tastes?
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 9:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It doesn't cause any problems, I've just been sticking to drinking water. :-) I'd rather not sell it on eBay and just give it to someone instead. This is a good thing to have for families with children that want to drink "soda" since it's a treat that many kids demand, haha.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 1:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have one and I love mine. Love to add some fresh juice and stevia and ice. I puree fresh ginger with water and stevia, vanilla and a pinch of salt...then dilute with carbonated water. Make a chocolate syrup with water, cane sugar and cocoa..recipe in book..anyone can post it..I forgot the page. Anyway, add some ice, a little whole organic milk and carbonated water..chocolate soda! It's great with just powdered ginger, sugar, and vanilla. My husband loves it with just a squeeze of orange juice and lemon...no sweetener..very refreshing. I like to add fresh mint to it.
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 9:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't survive without mine. I make carbonated lemon or lime aid most afternoons now. I also use it for black cherry soda using cherry concentrate.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the black cherry tip, Sara!
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 9:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use 1 oz in about 10 or more oz of water so it is about half the strength of juice.

I also like pomegranate soda - same recipe.

I have tried blueberry too but it doesn't mix well but isn't bad if I do half cranberry and half blueberry. Cranberry alone is a little too tart but I have drunk it when I need to push cranberry juice for a bladder problem.

I just prefer the cherry and the pomegranate sodas as well as the lemonade / limeades.

I got the Soda Stream as I was drinking carbonated water daily to settle my stomach and was tired of the high prices (live in a tourist trap so seltzer can be pretty high at the store) and having all the bottles to recycle. It will also save money in the long run. I order the replacement tanks online but now Staples sells them too.
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 7:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada, I would use it - that sounds fun and my teen and his friends would get a kick out of it! We spend way too much money on Zevia in the summer. But if anyone else wants it, no biggie. If it is still available let me know at lstroyan at gmail dot com and I can send you $ for shipping.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 1:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Finally a taker. :-) I sent it out today.
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 12:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I didn't have one already I would have been a taker myself. I opted to let someone else have it who wouldn't have one otherwise.

The bottles you replace every 3 years - I don't need more than the 2 that came with it right now. The CO2 tanks you do need to replace / exchange but I just had gotten an order for those and am covered for a year. The tank would have been the only reason for me to get your machine as the machine itself seems fairly sturdy.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 10:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay I have another giveaway... haha... another gift that I'd like to pass along to make space in my house... presenting the Juiceman juicer. ;)

http://couponerslivingfree.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Juiceman-1.1HP-Juice-Extractor-With-2-Speeds-Citrus-Juicer-Attachment-Pulp-Container-Snap-Up-Spout.jpg

Who wants it? It's only been used a couple of times.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 4:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh how i wish i wasnt overseas......
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 6:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AdaLovelace, I'd love it, thanks.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 11:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great Di please email me at dplusplus at gmail dot com. :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page