Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Turtles!

Battling the MSG Myth » Recipes or Snack Ideas » Turtles! « Previous Next »

Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 3:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know how many of you remember the candies that were basically chewy chocolate covered peanuts.

I was experimenting last night. I had melted 1/2 bar of Trader Joe's unsweetened baking chocolate (100% cocoa) in a double boiler. My honey has started to crystallize, so I can't say how much I used. Measured, I'd guess it'd be close to 8 TBS. I really used two "scoops" with a silverware tablespoon.

I mixed it up and froze dollops - they came out quite chewy and I immediately thought of Turtles. I guess all it needed was to be poured over peanuts or raisins.

I have no idea if it's repeatable with fresh honey, but it's nice to have chocolate every now and then. The only reaction I had was not being able to go to bed at a reasonable hour, but I ate rather a lot too close to bedtime.

Jennifer
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 2:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha...I've done that with chocolate at night, too. :-) Sounds really good, Jennifer...thanks for the candy tip.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page