Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

A veterinarian website devoted to foo...

Battling the MSG Myth » MSG/Excitotoxin Related Links » A veterinarian website devoted to food issues « Previous Next »

Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an aquarium, and they even put MSG in some fish food.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754929&cp=2767036.2769226&view=all&fbn=Taxonomy%7CGoldfish+Food&f=Taxonomy%2FPET%2F2769226&fbc=1&parentPage=family&keepsr=1
Dianne/Maine
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 3 kitties, ages 11 months to 17 years and they eat only the Wellness cat food (from "kitten" to "healthy weight", canned and dry). The web site is: www.oldmotherhubbard.com
It's a little pricey, but like us, you get what you pay for and I'm not paying vet bills for unhealthy pets. The site lists ingredients as well as what is "not" in the food. Good luck.
Eileen F
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doctor J is great - He returns emails promptly and offers practical suggestions as well as support. I am hoping that his G.A.R.D. diet will help stop my son's seizures. Max was already off of 3 of the 4 problematic foods: soy, dairy, and corn, and now is off of gluten. Doctor J calls aspartame and glutamate "crack cocaine," which I think is a brilliant analogy. Check out his links to glutamic acid and aspartic acid levels in foods. These lists are helping me to monitor how much natural glutamic acid and aspartic acid are in healthy foods. If anyone knows of any other lists , please let me know. Laura, although almonds have less aspartic and glutamic acid than peanuts, they're still pretty high. You've got to be careful with all tree nuts. If you need any help with the diet please let me know - I have been working very hard to find food for Max.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 5:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lisa Marie, I couldn't access your links, but did go to Weil's website and read a little in the Pet area - thanks.

Dianne/Maine, Thanks for the link - I went there and compared the Wellness ingredients to some of the Blue varieties and found they were fairly comparable - they all looked to be much better than any other diets I've looked at.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get her off the injections and pills soon.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page