Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MSG Newsletter

Battling the MSG Myth » MSG/Excitotoxin Related Links » MSG Newsletter « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 71.110.216.71
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 8:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interested in periodic news and tips on avoiding MSG? Visit http://www.foodasgrown.com/avoidmsg/join/ and sign up.

I've benefited so much from this board that I posted an article about it on my site http://www.foodasgrown.com/avoidmsg/2011/11/28/a-gold-mine-of-msg-info/

Hope to see you there!
Gary
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 8:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I posted the above and only after posting realized that most of the posts have names attached. My name is Gary Benton and my home town is about 45 miles from where Debby lives. I haven't met her, but we've emailed several times and I really appreciate her website.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 12:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gary, I went to your website and took your advise. I googled "msg and fat rats". This came up: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18559279 says:

"Abstract
Monosodium l-glutamate (MSG), an umami taste substance, may be a key molecule coupled to a food intake signaling pathway, possibly mediated through a specific l-glutamate (GLU) sensing mechanism in the gastrointestinal tract. Here we investigated the effect of the spontaneous ingestion of a 1% MSG solution and water on food intake and body weight in male Sprague-Dawley rats fed diets of varying caloric density, fat and carbohydrate contents. Fat mass and lean mass in the abdomen, blood pressure, and several blood metabolic markers were also measured. Rats given free access to MSG and water showed a high preference (93-97%) for the MSG solution, regardless of the diet they consumed. Rats ingesting MSG had a significantly smaller weight gain, reduced abdominal fat mass, and lower plasma leptin levels, compared to rats ingesting water alone. Naso-anal length, lean mass, food and energy intakes, blood pressure, blood glucose, and plasma levels of insulin, triglyceride, total cholesterol, albumin, and GLU were not influenced by the ingestion of the MSG solution. These same effects were observed in a study of adult rats. Together, these results suggest that MSG ingestion reduces weight gain, body fat mass, and plasma leptin levels. Moreover, these changes are likely to be mediated by increased energy expenditure, not reduced energy intake or delayed development. Conceivably, these effects of MSG might be mediated via gut GLU receptors functionally linked to afferent branches of the vagus nerve in the gut, or the afferent sensory nerves in the oral cavity."

I guess I'd expect this from our wonderful government.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 5:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That study was done by:

"Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Suzuki-cho 1-1, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki 210-8681, Japan."

Ajinomoto sells 33% of the world's MSG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajinomoto
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 5:32 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That study was done by:

"Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Suzuki-cho 1-1, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki 210-8681, Japan."

Ajinomoto sells 33% of the world's MSG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajinomoto
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 7:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks. You're right, I missed that.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 1:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, thanks Ajinomoto, sounds like a real health food! :-)

if you search msg and obese rats at pubmed, you'll find what I thought had to be urban myth when I first started researching msg as a source of my health issues - that msg is routinely used to fat up lab rats for obesity studies.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 1:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, amazing isn't it?
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 9:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is said that peer reviewed research is self-correcting. If a study is not correct, someone will come along and correct it. But correct it to what end? Truth? Perhaps peer reviewed research is self-correcting to a different end, the bottom line. If a study tells the truth about MSG, that it causes an abnormal hunger and makes animals and people overeat and get fat, that's not correct from the point of view of marketing MSG and it must be corrected.

Truth? Ajinomoto has no more respect for truth than an alley cat has for marriage.

There is a proverb that truth and money are not found in the same purse. Money? We are talking about some big industries, the MSG industry, various poison industries, the medical industry.

Be suspicious of peer reviewed research. It might work well in physics where it is not tainted by dirty money, but not where they are selling a poison.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 4:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I posted some new info to my facebook\msginfo page:

"Based on rates from 2006-2008, 41.21% of men and women born today will be diagnosed with cancer of all sites at some time during their lifetime." National Cancer Institute

If it's not all about "pre-disposition", as many of us believe - then what is it? Is there a link between cancer and glutamate? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20061814

I am pretty well convinced that we are the lucky ones. We know what glutatmate is doing to us - it's those poor souls who refuse to believe or listen. I could go on all day about with anecdotal evidence - my family doc once told me that says he has seen a 4 fold increase in the number of his patients who are diagnosed with cancer. One a month, maybe - and now 1 or more a week. I mentioned this to his replacement (my doc is retiring now) and he concurred and tells me that he believes the American diet is 99% of the problem. He is under treatment for prostate cancer himself.

Great that we are developing new drugs all the time to, for example block glutamate receptors so cancer does not spread and kill cancer - but what about prevention. Why are docs not counseling their patients about ingesting excess glutamate? Telling a patient to "eat well" or "healthy" isn't enough, as most have no clue what that means!

Why doesn't my GI doc have a nutritionist on staff? He treats disorders of the digestive tract, for God's sake! Why doesn't my allergist have a nutritionist on staff? She treats food allergies all day long!

I am proud of MaryAnn and her efforts, but am personally feeling hopeless as to how I can help raise awareness. I feel like a passenger on the titanic and no one will listen to me when I tell them that I have seen an iceberg :-(
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 7:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The cancer industry does not want to put itself out of business.

Besides, the NWO wants to reduce the world population to 500 million. One of the ways they will do that is by causing cancer. They put cancer viruses in vaccines. Then they invent diseases, most of them imaginary, and then tell you to take the vaccines. The vaccines do no good and do much harm.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 8:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Evelyn, you're not alone. Telling study findings per that link, but it's disappointing that they didn't investigate all possible sources of glutamate involved in the tumor process and instead only look into what they can sell regarding the problem. Apparently there's more money to be made in treatment than prevention.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 1:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Exactly, Roy. And if people can take a pill and keep eating the same garbage they've always eaten, they will opt for the pill. Billions into pharmaceuticals, and next to nothing into nutrition. Just like pro-sports versus education!
What we value is obvious by our choices.

My family and some friends, having seen my sick and recovered take the info to heart. Most just say, imply, etc. - that's your issue! Less and less though, do I get the impression that people just think I am a nut, probably due to the fact there is more and more info out all the time. People just aren't motivated to do anything it because they have not linked any problems to it.

I guess it's not as hopeless as I was feeling about it this morning, but it would be so great to see things move faster. A lot faster.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 2:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A. seems to have success getting people to believe her, but I've probably had about .01% success. Most folks I talk to about it are clueless, don't want to believe me, and keep right on eating what they have been. One woman who had me and 6 others over for lunch (but I brought my own food) said to me, "Di, you're going to out live us all", so I'm thinking she may have thought I eat better than most. But I'm sure she will keep on eating her usual diet.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 4:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Exactly - the old, 'You gotta die of something!' ? Of course we do, but we don't have to be unhealthy and uncomfortable for a lifetime before that!
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 2:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Evelyn, it's all about quality of life. My grandfather quit smoking at 75 but suffered from emphysema the next 15 years, lamenting "If I'd known I was going to live so long I'd have taken better care of myself".
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 5:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Same as my Dad, Roy - and eventually, it killed him. He had a heart attack and did not have the lung capacity to recover. Still lived to 80, but was in poor health for many years, mainly due to smoking. I will go visit his big brother, who is 87, has a garden, exercises daily and gets to enjoy my children who were only 2 and 4 when my Dad died - sadly they don't really remember him.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 6:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry - what is NWO?
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 7:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Evelyn, I think Jerry means the "New World Order":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 3:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About the NWO or the Globalists or the Global Elite or whatever other names they go by:
Here is probably the best single website to educate yourself about them. Read all the free books, view all the videos, read all the articles. There is enough information here to keep you out of mischief for a long time.
http://netctr.com/
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 6:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Jerry, looks interesting.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 6:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An interesting section from Jerry's link: http://netctr.com/healthenviron.html
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2012 - 4:11 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I went to 'the blog - facts'. Begins with last entry in 05 and talks about twice yearly mental health testing and mandatory id badges. If these have actually passed as laws, then how come I've never heard about them, or been asked to comply? Who are the people putting out this info, Jerry?
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2012 - 7:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Q: "Who are the people putting out this info, Jerry?"

A: Whistle blowers. Most people call them conspiracy theorists. The #1 whistle blower seems to be Alex Jones. He is not a conspiracy theorist. He does not have theories. He is a journalist. He interviews people. I listen to him nearly every day on the Alex Jones youtube channel.

There is a rumor that USA will attack Iran Oct/Nov 2012, perhaps just before the election. Hmm. USA is already moving in on Iran. Russia warned USA to not attack Iran. Russia has an aircraft carrier ready to cut off USA's supply line. China said it will defend Iran even if that leads to World War 3. There is no reason to attack Iran. USA is insane. Someone said Obama is a psychopath who must be removed from office immediately to save the world.

Back to MSG.
Jaye
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 11:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have heard many many times about the cancer cells that are put into vaccines and about world population reduction. My husband is a general practitioner and has read many articles about this and he believes that this is what is happening. We were reluctant to have our child vaccined at first and she received only a few of the most "important" vaccines (against the worst diseases). But I regret this decision. We now have another child and he did not receive any vaccine. We do recognize the importance of vaccines, PROVIDED that they are safe for the person to whom they is administered. But at the moment, there is to much controverse and it's really very hard to know where the truth lyes. I am glad our son did not get any. However, when they start school, I am told that they will have to have had their vaccines to be admitted. What a shame!! I hope to delay as much as I can the vaccines and perhaps avoid them completely. We will see.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 12:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All vaccines are bad, even those without cancer cells in them. There is no evidence that vaccines work. Vaccines cause disease. Immunity comes from health.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 5:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

None for me or my kids!
Anonymous

Posted From: 130.65.109.44
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 5:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jayne,
All states provide examptions to the vaccine
requirements for public school entrance. The requirements are different in each state. You can be required to vaccinate children for private school attendance since what school they go to is voluntary.
The most common exemptions are for religious or medical reasons; some states have a simple philosophical objection statement.
The entrance paperwork in school districts is frequently left up to a clerk who may be ignorant of the facts. In my state the "exemption form" is simply signing the other side of the regular form which states that you refuse vaccination. Most clerks here are so ignorant they don't even know it is there; they will say there are no exemptions and no exemption forms.
If your husband is a general practioner he should be able to write a simple exemption letter stating something vague like recommendation/requirement of exemption due to patient history (family history,etc.). Due to privacy laws they can not question further.
If you state religous objection and are requested to bring in writing your creed or a letter from your minister or some other foolish thing tell them to pound sand, that is religous discrimination. They have no authority to approve or disapprove of your religious beliefs and you don't have to belong to any organized group. If you belong to an organized group that ordinarily does not object to vaccination you can always tell them God made his intentions clear to you personally. Let them chew on that! Make a big stink over religion if you like, they will back away fast as you certainly don't need their approval of your religion to have your child in school.
Better to let them think you are odd than try to engage them logically!
Remember you can always have the children vaccinated at a later date if you wish.
There are many anti-vaccine websites, some of them are factual and non-sensational.
Each state has homeschooling support groups, they are often very knowledgeable on these matters and very helpful.
I've been an licenced alternative practioner for almost 30 years now and am very concerned with what is being injected into children at an
early age. The more I learn about it the more concerned I get.
I am a participant on this board for more than 10 years but like to stay anonynous.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page