Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Msgexposed.com

Battling the MSG Myth » MSG/Excitotoxin Related Links » Msgexposed.com « Previous Next »

Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 2:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.msgexposed.com

I did a search today and this cropped up. I didn't look at it too closely yet, but it's nice to see another page exposing the dangers, and came up in the top 10 Google results. Well, the first page anyway.

I searched for "glutamate + whey", I was curious just how bad whey is. A lot of "health" & bodybuilding articles claim it's just *the best*.

Anyone know who put this up?

Jennifer
annonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 2:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I run www.msgexposed.com, I've been awake about MSG and Aspartame for about 4 years. I also have MSG and Aspartame profiles on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/msgexposed http://profile.myspace.com/89512277

I've had them up for a couple years, educating those that frequent myspace. I have both of Dr. Blaylock's latest books and have read them thoroughly. I really look up to him. I don't know about the free glutamate content of regular whey persay, but I do know that most "bodybuilding" whey protein powders are hydrolyzed to free the amino acids. Whey is touted as being superior in protein for muscle building purposes as it has the best amino acid profile (the most complete) out of all of the proteins, with egg protein weighing in at a close second. Whey is very fast absorbing so that is why bodybuilders love it, right after their workout. I happen to lift weights myself and I do take whey after workouts. I watched a lecture of Dr. Blaylock once and he said that if "muscle builders" use whey with free glutamate that "most" of it would be utilized by the muscles (feeding them)instead of ending up entering the brain. Which makes sense to me as your muscles are starving for that fuel right after. But I think that if whey is deliberately being hydrolyzed for performance powders then whey by itself in its more natural form is probably okay. But that's just my hunch.

-Mike
annonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 2:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh also, if you want to get in contact with me, my email is msgexposed AT gmail DOT com

=)
-Mike
Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 9:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mike -

I took a look at your myspace pages, and they're great.

Thanks for your explanation about whey - it's not hard to make from milk, but I wasn't sure if I'd want to drink it. Sounds like in moderation it should be fine (like most things), and just see if I react. I don't think curdling milk with acid (lemon juice) would be a problem, since it's going to curdle as soon as it hits the acid in the stomach.

It also sounds like there's yet another reason exercise is so important for good health. I know if I don't exercise I start to feel awful pretty quick. I've been doing martial art twice a week for a few years now and would like to take it to another level. I'm too undisciplined to work out at home and too poor to afford another membership - but there are always opportunities waiting to happen if you're paying attention.

Jennifer
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:18 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The dry whey protein is something I would not recommend to anyone who is reacting to MSG...especially if they are extremely sensitive to MSG. Most of us like to believe that we are not in that category, but the problem is, if we ingest such substances regularly, we run the risk of developing more neurological problems down the road. I've personally spoken with several people who ingested whey protein and reacted very poorly. But they didn't react immediately...it was over a period of several months and even years, before they developed problems. The liquid whey that you make yourself after making a simple cheese is one thing. The dry whey that is made by exposing the liquid to extreme heat in a factory, is something else. The glutamate is in a free form, the form found in MSG, and is highly concentrated. In addition, if the whey is from low fat cheeses, the milk used to make the cheese will contain dry milk solids..adding to the amount of free glutamate present. Yes, it's high in protein, but please be careful. Most of us are not body builders and don't need that amount of protein. If the milk was not organic, you will also be exposed to more hormones and chemicals, is just my guess.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page