Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Excess Glutamate Released During Hypo...

Battling the MSG Myth » MSG/Excitotoxin Related Links » Excess Glutamate Released During Hypoglycemic Episodes « Previous Next »

Cherylin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 3:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW! I had never heard that hypoglycemia causes the brain to release excessive amounts of glutamate causing MSG-like effects. Now that I think of it, isn't hypoglycemia a possible side-effect of ingesting MSG? Duh - what a never-ending cycle of misery and ever-increasing health problems! No wonder they say that sugary carbs are addictive.

So imagine the results for all of us if we not only tailor our diets to eliminate all hidden sources of MSG but restrict our intake of sugar and other starchy forms of carbohydrates as well in order to regulate our blood sugar.

A big thank you to Dr. Mercola for posting this incredibly enlightening article and for Dr. Blaylock's insights.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/07/29/what-s-in-that-how-food-affects-your-behavior.aspx?source=nl
Faith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2011 - 11:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No wonder I get MSG symptoms when having too much sugar. I already eat low simple carbs, but sometimes I get too much.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:59 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Faith, I have the same reaction to too many carbs. It took me years to reach this conclusion and this website to confirm/figure it out..... and, of course, no doctor had a clue.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page