Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Nutritional Info Link

Battling the MSG Myth » MSG/Excitotoxin Related Links » Nutritional Info Link « Previous Next »

LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 9:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found this site when looking for infomation on the glutamate content of pecans. It doesn't list pecans, but somewhere else I read that they are about half that of peanuts.

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Click on the food item you want, then scroll to the bottom and there will be a link for "in-depth" nutritional info. Almost to the bottom of that page will be the glutamate content.

I'm not sure what is considered high, but if peanuts are supposed to be high (at 1.95g), then why would I not tolerate those as opposed to chicken, which is 4.99g? On the other hand, maybe I'm NOT tolerating chicken.
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, maybe it's a serving size issue. So, if I have a piece of chicken (4.99g/4oz), I shouldn't have it with, say, black beans (2.32g/cup)... ??

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page