Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Today Show - Umami

Battling the MSG Myth » MSG/Excitotoxin Related Links » Today Show - Umami « Previous Next »

LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 8:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They had a segment today on the Today Show about Umami, and apparently said something about how healthy it is for you and especially wonderful for people trying to loose weight. They say in this article that if you want more salt taste and need to eat less salt, then you should increase the amount of Umami.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22575482/
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my gosh!...and the food industry is fully aware that MSG causes addiction and obesity. Whether the glutamate is from foods naturally high in glutamate or MSG itself, it will eventually enter the blood stream.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 1:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also saw this segment on the Today Show. The rep mentioned you can find umami in tomatoes, mushrooms, parmesan cheese, soy sauce, MSG, etc. The article from the website in part:

""The truth of the matter is foods that have umami we find to be very delicious and very satisfying. Foods that don't have umami we tend to find very insipid and very thin and not very satisfying. And as a result we eat more food. So, umami-rich food creates satisfaction.

"Also, umami makes salt taste saltier. So, if you want to reduce the amount of sodium that's in your diet, you make sure you have a lot of umami in your food and you don't have to salt it as much. Finally, umami creates a sensation that chefs call mouth-feel. We tend to think of mouth-feel as the sensation we get from eating fat. So, again, we can reduce the amount of fat that's in our food by making sure that we've got enough umami in that food."
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my gosh, whomever thought this up is the King or Queen of spinning.........this is the most unreasonable argument for MSG I have ever heard. They might as well entitle it, "Easiest ways to suicide." How oh how does this stuff get out there unchecked. (kick backs, payoffs )
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 5:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, money and greed is always at the bottom of it.
Courtney
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 6:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not to get political, but I find it so difficult to reconcile the fact that this country is a superpower often bent on running the rest of the world but it's also trying to - or allowing the food industry to - slowly kill everyone in it. That makes no sense to me - and that's why people have such a hard time believing it. It just doesn't jive. People have to experience the difference to believe it. It's been ten days and I'm thrilled and disgusted at the same time - thrilled that I figured it out (thanks to all of you wonderful people who figured it out before me) and disgusted that I've been ingesting poison everyday since birth. It's one thing for me to ingest poison that I choose to - alcohol, etc. - it's another thing for the food industry to sneak it to me. The Today Show should be ashamed of themselves...
Bill S
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The basics of it aren't real complicated. We're in World War III. It's a silent war against the people of the world. They've been killing Africans for a while now with vaccines (ex. Aids) and genetically modified food. Over in the developed world, we get soft kill viruses in the vaccines. They want you to get cancer when you're older and spend all your money treating it. I know many people blame getting crowns disease from getting a measles vaccine.

Interview with Mike Adams (Newstarget.com) that I uploaded last week

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1986503712029837777
or on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuQ6P10SCos

my police state page
http://www.thefoodishorrible.com/aspx/templates/blank.aspx/msgid/371048

The main problem is people don't know what team they're on and think they are part of the system. They think they are part of the system bringing democracy to all. (even though the U.S. isn't supposed to be democracy, but a republic) The people running things have developed a system in which most are distracted by meaningless things like football.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill S, I really liked George Carlin - who really controls america at
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=935607276
You have to get by the profanity, but it's probably mostly true.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page