Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
A veterinarian website devoted to food issuesDianne11-15-07  5:29 am
Glutamine & Glutamic AcidMelinda31 3-14-09  2:46 pm
Prenatal Vitamins - Help!JLK2-08-07  5:44 pm
Glutamate toxicity 29 5-30-13  9:10 pm
HeartAnonymous8-14-14  6:16 pm
Today Show - UmamiDianne1-11-08  2:21 pm
Nutritional Info LinkLaurenC1-17-08  8:25 am
Database of Cosmetic and Personal Care Product IngredientsAnonymous2-24-08  5:41 pm
Excess Glutamate Released During Hypoglycemic EpisodesDi8-26-11  1:59 pm
Read this Yahoo! Health article and give your honest feedback, pleaseDeb A.8-06-08  10:44 am
Hot flashes and Mayo ClinicRoy Piwovar2-03-09  3:01 pm
PTSD and dietary glutamatesprg8-29-08  4:22 pm
Glutamates and psychiatric disordersprg8-30-08  9:35 am
Blog entry quoting Deb!Deb A.10 9-15-08  12:42 pm
Msgexposed.comDeb A.3-16-09  9:18 am
Fascinating article by Dr. Amy YaskoDeb A.4-06-10  7:47 am
FOOD INC. watch till midnightali4-29-10  12:06 am
Fluoride Symptomssara3-16-11  6:58 pm
Please nominate Debby, Carol, Jeffrey Smith, etc. at NaturalNews.comDi1-12-11  6:17 pm
MSG NewsletterAnonymous28 1-11-12  5:38 pm
SeizuresTom Fernstrom5-31-12  8:15 am
Podcast about MSGLaura Wendling8-09-12  9:31 am
Misinformed/misleading post about MSGAnonymous11-13-14  2:23 pm
  Start New Thread        

Welcome to MSG/Excitotoxin Related Links. You may enter any of the discussions above by clicking on the appropriate link. Or, to start a new discussion of your own, click on the "Create New Conversation" button.

If adding a message below, ignore the reference to an account. Full names are not necessary in the username box. Passwords are not required.

Violet
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have stopped ingesting MSG and Aspartame for the last three years. Completely since last March by using a pendulum to test ALL food.
No more symptoms of all my previous ailments!!!!!
BUT
Everytime I eat out, they come back for 5 days. And there is no improvement on that, which means after all that time I am not yet in the situation I was before, when ingesting MSG did not produce any immediate symptoms.
Because I have breast problems I have come across iodine supplementation. Now I gather that iodine and glutamine bind in some way, which would induce I suppose a deficiency in iodine if too much glutamine is ingested. Please take a look at this Curezone forum where a host of very interesting links are offered about iodine supplementation.
http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815
I have started it two weeks ago and shall wait until after 3 months to take a trial Chinese meal. Will post the results here.
Anonymous

Posted From: 68.74.64.248
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.fms-help.com/101907.htm
12. EXCITOTOXINS CAUSE PAIN
From a reader--
"For me if I take anything with Excitotoxins such as
gelatin capsules or the 40 plus aliases I'm in terrible
fibro pain. Meds can be notorious for hidden ingredients.
www.msgmyth.com
Go to the interview area and listen to Dr. Blaylock
I also get his monthly newsletter and the October issue
is outstanding.
I have to read every label on meds (full disclosure)
supplements and food. Eating out is out of the question.
I can't even find a bread in the Health food store that I can
eat. My diet has to be squeaky clean from known
Excitotoxins because just a smidgen puts me in terrible pain.
I only eat what I prepare. It isn't easy but worth it.
The nutritionist that I work with has become a good friend.
Because of my medical problem she is helping other fibro suffers
by eliminating free glutamate (excitotoxins) with much success.
I also have to watch anything that I use on my skin. Many
products have hydrolyzed substances in them plus other
ingredients that I react to in the form of pain.
So many people are suffering needlessly.
www.msgtruth.org
www.truthinlabeling.org
I hope that what I have shared will help others."
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 9:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I came across these links while looking for information on obtaining raw milk:
www.realmilk.com
http://www.westonaprice.org/
Has anyone heard of the Weston Price Foundation? It seems reputable. What do you think?
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 - 10:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Received this email. Please help her get this project moving for the sake of our children:
"Hi, you website is a great resource, and confirms what my daughter has found out over the years is not Crohns Disease, but msg. She ate a wing of KFC grilled chicken yesterday and she has been violently sick since. Her husband has taken her to an urgent care or minute clinic for anything that will give her relief. She will miss a day of work and she unable to care for her children.

I appreciate that you are informing the public through your website and interviews. I would like to take a step further, I want a law that will forbid manufacturers from adding it to food. I have contacted my state senator, and place a note on my facebook.

Thanks, keep us informed, I will let your know what I can get started. We need to start a list of sufferers, can you do that through your website. A list of users. Such as: Kentucky Fried Chicken, O'Charley's, Tyson Chicken...."

I am ready to fight with you. May we join forces?"
Please email Donna at wordangel2@aol.com if you would like to help with your story or experiences.
Donna hopes to get this information to Mrs. Obama concerning obesity in children. She has already made some contacts in her state.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 3:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Warning!!! Just read this on Dr. Mercola's site:
" America's Deadliest Sweetener Betrays Millions, Then Hoodwinks You With Name Change
Posted by: Dr. Mercola
March 02 2010 | 166,930 views

aspartame, nutrasweet, aminosweet, sugarAspartame producer Ajinomoto is launching a new initiative that will rebrand the sweetener as “AminoSweet”.

Aspartame is used in many foods and beverages marketed as low calorie or sugar-free. However, its reputation has been clouded somewhat by studies that have investigated reports of ill effects."
Mariann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 5:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Deb. Mariann
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 8:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Deb, my husband gets migraines from the slightest trace of aspartame.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 8:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry Story brought this up last month, but thanks for mentioning it again. It's really unbelievable isn't it! And the saddest part is that most people will buy into their marketing ploy.
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 4:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's just like people buying Truvia (stevia + corn derivatives) from the grocery store instead of going to the health food store and buying pure stevia. Most people never heard of stevia until the marketing campaign for truvia. Millions of people will pick up "aminosweet" and try it thinking it is something completely new. Worse yet, its release will probably be accompanied with a major ad campaign and people will be lining up to try the newest miracle sweetener.
Mariann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 4:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kristy you are so right. Mariann
Lorraine
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 4:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been using Pure Via (from Costco) and thought that it was pure Stevia. I've recently learned that I'm MSG sensitive and suspect that this product has MSG in it. They list "natural flavors" in the ingredients. I contacted the company and asked them what is in their "natural" ingredients and they refused to say. I told them that I was MSG sensitive and they said they had no MSG and I said I understood it could be hidden under other names and they refused to address my concern. Anybody else know anything about Pure Via?
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 7:48 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lorraine,

Stevia is reported to have some beneficial effects on blood sugar due to reducing insulin resistance, but the "natural flavors" in it would make me hesitant to buy Pure Via.

Possibly some people are allergic to stevia, in the aster family, which includes lettuce, artichokes, sunflowers, chrysanthemums, ragweed, and countless other plants.

The definition of natural flavor under the Code of Federal Regulations is:

“the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional” (21CFR101.22).

Under that definition, products such as hydrolyzed protein and autolyzed yeast extract are "natural flavors".

http://www.purevia.com/reskin/img/nutrition/nf-pv-40ct.jpg

http://www.today.com/id/4676616/ns/today-food/t/food-qa-just-what-natural-flavoring/#.UXapesojrCo

http://www.naturalnews.com/036308_natural_flavors_MSG_aspartame.html
Hoteru
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 4:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear All,
At Deb's recommendation I've been using pure stevia for at least five years with no reaction. I get the liquid she recommends, Wisdom of the Ancients, expensive but lasts me almost a year for one little bottle. I have now found pure stevia powder from several companies including recently Trader Joe's which also sells stevia mixed with lactose which did not cause a reaction but had to use much more powder per serving and was probably not more economical. Trader Joe's is also recently selling liquid stevia that looks a lot like Wisdom of the Ancients but contains 1% alcohol. Wisdom of the Ancients has no alcohol. I can't tolerate any alcohol. Zero, none. Please don't tell me the alcohol burns off in cooking, so it's fine. It's not, it's dangerous for me.
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 8:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, the whole burning off alcohol thing is a myth anyway.

I believe Stevia is very high in salicylates, if that's a concern for anyone.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 12:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://kimberlyguthrie.com/stevia-honey-sucanat-oh-my/
Lorraine
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 2:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Roy and Hoteru. The Whole Foods near me doesn't have Wisdom of the Ancients but I'll buy it online. We don't have TRader Joes in Miami for some unknown reason. Maybe soon. Thanks for all your posts. So helpful!!
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 7:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Trader Joe's has secured a construction permit to build its first South Florida store, across from the Dadeland South Metrorail Station, in Pinecrest."

http://miami.curbed.com/tags/trader-joes
Pat
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 9:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MSG aka E621 - Interesting Tidbit

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/01/chemistry-teacher-shows-why-you-shouldnt-always-mistrust-chemicals-in-food/

Perhaps on European (E) food labels it is classified only as E621.
Oh those sneaky food labels!
SistineKid
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 2:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting indeed. The author mentions "That said, the scary-looking ingredients found in heavily processed junk food — such as monosodium glutamate (E621) and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) — should still be viewed with a modicum of caution."

What I find more even more interesting is that two MSG defenders then jump right in to comment on the MSG aspect of the post when the article is about the full spectrum of ingredients in foods such as a banana. There are no other comments. Curious.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 6:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It makes you wonder sometimes when you see comments like that if they're actually coming from individuals or people whose interests are on the line!
Pat
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 9:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for pointing out those comments, as they weren't there when I posted the link on this board.

By the harsh 'tone' used, industry representatives, no doubt. Perhaps they would rescind those comments after experiencing msg for a few days. Just saying!
Pat
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 9:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

‘Glutamic bombs’: playing tricks on your tongue and havoc with your brain -
http://foodidentitytheft.com/glutamic-bombs-playing-tricks-on-your-tongue-and-havoc-with-your-brain/

For a complete list of ingredients that “always” and “often” contain MSG, look here:
http://www.truthinlabeling.com/hiddensources.html
http://www.msgmyth.com/hidden_names.html

To add to the confusion, many companies use the trick of putting “NO MSG ADDED” on the labels of food products that contain various amounts of manufactured glutamic acid, which is ‘hidden’ in over 40 different ingredients.

The ‘top ten’ additives to avoid: a recap
http://foodidentitytheft.com/the-top-ten-additives-to-avoid-a-recap/

Get ready for Read Your Labels Day!
20 February, 2014, 6:43 am -
http://foodidentitytheft.com/get-ready-for-read-your-labels-day/
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 12:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pat, thanks for all the links, I've passed them on to some of my friends
Pat
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 1:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, love the updated website! Great background colors allow ease of reading.

I just noticed: 'Algae,phytoplankton, sea vegetable, wheat/barley grass powders' under Hidden Names of MSG.
Is that entry a new addition?

Many THANKS for all that you do!
Pat
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How can they get away with claiming they are serving "fresh" food?

Fast Food Restaurants Caught Using Huge Quantities of MSG While Calling Their Menu Items Fresh

Excerpt:
One of the biggest scandals of all is the manner in which these and other fast-food companies are able to bend the rules in order to claim that they are serving you "fresh," wholesome food, free of MSG and other potentially harmful additives.

Though government regulations require ingredients labeling, these chains are able to hide MSG content in their foods by using other additives that essentially provide the same amounts of free glutamates.

What's more, companies are trying to figure out more ways to use this popular, yet harmful, flavor enhancer in supposedly "MSG-free" menu items.

Apparently, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesn't mind sanctioning MSG fraud, because fast food companies are permitted to use MSG under altered names like Autolyzed Yeast, Hydrolyzed Plant Protein, Textured Protein, and Yeast Extract.

http://www.naturalnews.com/KFC-Chick-fil-A-Burger-King-Pizza-Hut-MSG-menu-items.html
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 8:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pat, Thanks so much for noticing the update...Mike just did that and I will be sure to let hm know what you said about it.
Yes, we keep adding more information regarding hidden free glutamate.
Still trying to reach more victims of MSG toxicity!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 8:11 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pat, I just pinned that link everywhere. Thank you so much for posting it here!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out