Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Update Son, periodic fevers

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your Symptoms » Update Son, periodic fevers « Previous Next »

Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2013 - 4:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
Wanted to drop in here and update on my son. Everyone has been a great deal of help and I appreciate the help and advice and even the warnings! It has been good for my soul to know many of you have given strong advice because you care about a stranger- I took it to heart.\
My son had lot of symptoms after a clean diet, he had bone pains and fevers.
We spent May in a clinic in Denver where they gave him carrageenan with very little reaction- so little they declared him free of any 'allergies'. this you all knew would happen.
My Mom gut knew something more was going on.
He became sick for 7 weeks (ended up being a total of 9 weeks of fevers and sleeping 15 hours a day). Positive mono spot but negative for any antibodies (IgG and IgE) for any viruses that cause Mono.
We got into Children's hospital in the Infectious Diseases department.
They did a very through history and we also went back and looked at when he had his episodes- sure enough every 4-7 weeks he had a 'flare', what I had been thinking was a reaction to MSG!
Now, when we cleaned up his diet there were a lot of benefits and he requests to keep on a clean diet (he is 11 now).
We are about to do genetics to determine which Periodic Fever syndrome he has (these are autoinflammatory disorders). We've done lots of labs and he head been diagnosed with PFAPA at age 7.
SO- If you do not already, mark your reactions on a calendar if you are still having odd reactions when you feel your diet is clean possibly something to consider. These are very rare syndromes though.
Thank you again- I will take with us everything we have learned here to help minimize his reactions and keep him healthier between flares.
I continue to promote a clean diet to everyone I know, we are not going back to crappy eating as a normal diet- clean diet, clean diet, clean diet with a few bit of crap from rare time to rare time. we know he can tolerate more than we believed before and can relax a little.
I wish you all good health.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 3:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't know if you have had this done or not:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a32127549/pfapa_tonsils_out_or_not_

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page