Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Bone pain, children

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your Symptoms » Bone pain, children « Previous Next »

Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 11:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My son has been FGA free for 4 months now. He has recovered wonderfully with the exception of the few exposures (we know what they are). Last time he was lethargic, moody, hyper sensitive and spacey.
At the end of the 3 days it seem to take him to clear it from his body he came down with leg pains. He has had these over the last several years and we've done some blood studies for inflammation, all negative. So I am sure they are related to the FGA reaction he has. Anyone have advice for this?
The pain is in the whole shaft of his long bone of one leg (usually not the same place each time). He says it has a 'cold' sensation. Standing is uncomfortable, but ibuprofen calms it down. I'm trying to use Ibuprofen sparingly now and keep it handy when we really need it!
none of his doctors have any answers and no concerns (his blood calcium has been low).
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 7:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just thought of something...does supplement Magnesium help? Does he get enough potassium?

It could be that during the reaction to FGA he uses up all his minerals trying to balance it out and they are "stolen" from other areas.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 10:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I get bone pain if im exposed slowly with the same thing over a few days. Not enough to provoke an out and out migraine but a slow build up of fga leaves me with my bones hurting on the inside. Difficult to explain quite how it feels. I think when i get the magnesium for my little one i will have to try it myself.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 10:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get that too, ali. I actually had more reactions than I reported in my book.
Sleuth JohnB
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 6:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I routinely use magnesium and potassium to ease leg pain (feel like bone, not muscle). Usually relieves pain in 12 hours or less.

@ 100 mg potassium, 400 mg magnesium

I am a large male, for a child I would start at 1/4 dose or less.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A good product I use is Tri-Salts by Ecological Formulas. It's a powder...carbonate salts of magnesium, potassium, and calcium. It was recommended years ago by Dr. Blaylock and can be ordered online.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 3:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, How do you take it? Mix it with something?
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just add it to a little water, stir and drink...quickly, since it's a bit chalky. I have added vitamin C crystals and that makes it easier to take. Plus, it's a good combination along with vitamin D tablets.
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 8:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do the same as Deb A. I add it to a little water, stir and drink quickly- followed by a glass of water to wash down the chalky taste. I've never had a reaction to it and it's been a great calcium supplement (we are 99% dairy free).
Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 2:23 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my son is today suffering from an exposure. usually the pain appears on the 3 to the 5th day after.
when do you think is the best time to start dosing him? Today or wait a few days?
side effects to high Mg dosing? I can get just Mg, and don't currently have any Ca+ for him.- Suggestions?
I also have a Vit A+D for him he takes.
bananas and broccoli enough?
I'm visiting a foreign country not at home where I can stock up, I'd have to shelp it all back with me.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 10:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get as many good minerals and antioxidants in your child whenever he is having a reaction.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page