Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Is Ezekiel bread ok

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your Symptoms » Is Ezekiel bread ok « Previous Next »

annoymus
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 7:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all I'm very new to the no msg diet,and I was wondering If anyone knew wether Ezekiel bred is ok.Oh yeah one more question
Is rennet in cheese ok? It's so hard and confusing to find safe ingredients I have been so sick for soooo long I just want to eat safe.I have a very physical job and I need to eat alot to get me through the day, I notice when I eat fresh prepared foods my mind and body feel better.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 8:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I avoid Ezekiel bread since the sprouted grains are high in glutamate. Rennet is used to culture cheeses. Europeans use natural rennet from the stomach of animals and this is a better product that our high powered man engineered enzymes used in this country by many of the larger cheese producers. Just be careful to avoid cheeses that have been aged for a long time in this country. However, saying that, I have been okay when using tiny amounts of Italian made Romano cheese (couldn't use most cheeses when I was first avoiding MSG, so my system has improved, is my guess). I can eat small amounts of real French Brie. So we need to be aware of our tolerance level. It's best to eat mild whole milk cheeses like mozzarella and Jack. Be aware that milk is quite rich in naturally occurring glutamate, so it's best to go easy on dairy.
annoymus
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 9:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Deb You are a big help.
Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 9:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We use Alvarado St spouted grains for out son. The Ezekial breads have malted Barley that he reacted badly to. He does fine with this brand. I've heard there are other brands of non spouted that are fine, I'm not stirring the pot (well until tomorrow we depart for Europe). Id like to find a cheaper brand that works well for our son. We pay $3.99 a loaf right now.
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 6:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alvarado St has Wheat Gluten which unfortunately is an extracted protein. I reacted to it when I was already sensitized by other incidental exposure, and my son has reacted when I added Bob's Red Mill Wheat Gluten to our homemade bread, despite the package's claim of gentle processing. I now treat "Wheat Gluten" in the same category as any other extracted/isolated protein.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page