Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Cornstarch as powder

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your Symptoms » Cornstarch as powder « Previous Next »

jjmartin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 3:22 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monday morning because of the hot weather here I dusted my legs with Rumford's natural non modified cornstarch powder and thought no more about it. By afternoon Monday I was feeling very anxious. Tuesday morning I was irritable and panicky, almost over the edge and with a headache starting. I took some medicine and felt better. Wednesday felt OK but Wednesday night after the medicine wore off I was experiencing a bad headache. I was reaching back to think of and of course eliminate any offending foods. I had had some commercial bread, alot of blueberries which were becoming suspect. Thursday morning while dusting with the cornstarch a light went off -figureatively. It was the cornstarch powder. I hopped back in shower and scrubbed it off. It didn't make any difference that it was natural or that I can tolerate it well in the Rumford's baking powder I use, this was being absorbed through my skin and setting off a major reaction. Friday morning and I am fine again. Ten years this month that I have been plagued by these reactions, and the detective process that goes with it.
Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 7:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Huh, not surprised but never would have guessed about something like that. Glad you figured it out! I know I've reacted to home-grown corn on the cob that was eaten minutes after being picked....and it wasn't any industrial corn variety either. I'm sure those are engineered for maximum glutamate content.

Jennifer
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:22 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I remember using cornstarch to powder one of my babies, as the nurse suggested. Her rash only got worse. I stopped using anything, and she improved. That was over 30 years ago...and yes, she is MSG sensitive.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page